Mikhail
Re: [Need help!] Presenting XOOPS at the PHP Spring Conference
  • 2005/5/1 20:16

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Hi! the main demo was downloaded and integrated with others websites already created (like xsas demo, melponeme demo, and others generic websites). You can work with more than one site using the same copy of the program, and install a new website if you want...

Can you burn part of the CDs today and another one tomorrow? I ask because tomorrow I will be set free to work in FULL TIME, and also have access to the broadband (my connection is poor, just 256 for downloads and 64 for uploads).

Btw, I will send you a copy of the program still today, but… would be perfect to finish all work tomorrow (really).

[]'s,

Mikhail

Jharis
  • 2005/5/1 20:52

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

I like what I am seeing and the spirit of cooperation too! Keep up the great work guys. I can't wait to hear how things turned out and to look at a finished product.

don (el paso)

Herko
  • 2005/5/1 21:14

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Sure, I'll burn the CD's tomorrow. Mikhail, great to see you working alongside the rest of us like this I like meloponeme a lot, but it's all in Portuguese...

We can burn both of them on a cd tho.

What about making it work from a CD? I got this link from Skalpa, does this apply to XSAS and/or meloponeme? It means you can run the whole app from CD, including servers. That would make for a real Live CD

Herko

damaster
  • 2005/5/1 22:38

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

I'm back from the Geneva International Book Fair but i'm sorry didn't find anything on XOOPS

Download and testing it !

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Herko
  • 2005/5/2 11:31

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Here is the SME Factsheet we will use for the conference.

Herko

phppp
  • 2005/5/2 12:43

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

some comments
1 my personal priority for "benefits of using XOOPS": secure, easy to use, flexible (some other term like powerful?), group permission
2 there should be some words to reflect the point: XOOPS is well (if not the BEST) compatible with multi-byte language and makes it the first choice of CMS (at least in East Asia)
3 sample sites: there are also many good examples of XOOPS application in non-English language, as large technical/entertainment communities, artist personal sites and even government sites

note: the comments are not particularly for this conference but rather for future promotion.

Mikhail
  • 2005/5/2 14:05

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Herko, thanks a lot.

About the LiveCD, I will try to put this idea in practical, after finish the executable, today. - I already made some experiences with this, remastering the "Damn Small Linux" (a knoppix based distro) with XOOPS + apache + MySQL installed (just for fun, clearly better ways exists).

Quote:

phppp wrote:
some comments
3 sample sites: there are also many good examples of XOOPS application in non-English language, as large technical/entertainment communities, artist personal sites and even government sites

note: the comments are not particularly for this conference but rather for future promotion.

I found an example in Japanese (with a very large database), but still I did not find one in Chinese. Could send me all links for download, please? thanks in advance,

and sorry for my poor english

mikhail

[musik... non stop... - (kraftwerk)]

Herko
  • 2005/5/2 14:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

phppp: thanks for your comments, you are absolutely right. The sample sites are meant for a western-european audience, hence the (limited) selection. I think we'll make a really good one with your comments added.

Herko

Herko
  • 2005/5/2 14:37

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Mikhail, does this mean we will use the XSAS based demo I made for this conference?

Herko

[listening to Brazilica!, compiled by Gilles Peterson]

phppp
  • 2005/5/2 15:13

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

@Mikehail, Herko,

As I said, my comments are not especially for this conference and I don't think you have time/necessasity to include other language sites, for say, Jap/Chn for this time.
However, a few Chinese sites:
MAC community:http://www.sinomac.com (slow)
a large community belong to a news agent:http://bbs.huash.com/
a deeply customized game community based on XOOPS 1.*:http://www.gameage.net/

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits