m0nty
Re: Profile (with portrait upload) hack finally found! Need a conversion!
  • 2005/4/13 4:11

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

yes i'll include an sql text file so that you can add the tables from phpmyadmin without any problems..

so far i've completed the main sections.. (just need to add the XOOPS editor part which won't take long to do)

also i've created 2 new form classes..

formselectgender.php > for selecting gender (male / female)

formselectzodiac.php > for selecting zodiac/star sign

once i've done the XOOPS editor part, i'll get to work on the image upload part. this is gonna be a pretty extensive core hack, more than i've ever managed before on my own so bare with me :) everythings looking good so far though..

limecity
  • 2005/4/13 4:50

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

is this hack for 2.0.9.2 ?

rominus
  • 2005/4/13 5:05

• rominus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/27

Hey man it looks great!!! Nice work!

May I make a fiew suggestions:

1/ instead of having two entries, "extra info" and "biography", why not have a single entry with all the buttons for text color/size/add link/add external picture like when u post a message on the forum (like where im typing right now), so that the user can personalize the last part of the profile.

I've seen it on many sites it looks cool and gives some freedom to members to express themselves.

2/ maybe the picture (portrait) uploaded by users should appear right at the top of the page (above: all about...)

Otherwise this is I think gonna be the best XOOPS hack I've seen. Can't wait till you finish it!

Rom

m0nty
  • 2005/4/13 5:33

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

@limecity, yes it's for 2.0.9.2.. but i think it should also work with 2.0.10 aswell..

@rominus,

i can do that yes, i'm just adding the dhtml editor into it now (hit a couple of problems with it, but hopefully they shouldn't take much to sort)

and the photo upload, as you suggested is where i was going to add it anyway :)

Marco
  • 2005/4/13 6:42

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

and the photo upload, as you suggested is where i was going to add it anyway :)

a cool feature could be to be able to join a file, like a curiculum vitae....
Did you have a look at userinfo module ?
marco

catalin12345

i think is better to let him finish his work and then to provide link to download it and test it by our owns!
after that more modification can be maded...

Jurgen
  • 2005/4/13 12:11

• Jurgen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/14

I would not minimize the work of the profile hack.

However, if You add the possibility to extend those fields, You want, soon or later, You need a way to deal with multiple screeens.

Currently we wrote for another CMS a profile hack with tabbed screens as sections of web related, IM related, location, etc
But after all, You see a need to create several custom screens to provide information and to use the CMS for other tasks as well. In our case this is a dating board.

We like to help to create a nice custom profile addon for xoops, but as said before, we wait to help until we have postgreSQL support.

In our project we will store images in BLOBS in the database, and not in folders, for security reasons etc. That's why we prefer postgreSQL and secondly, when You make huge use of storing advanced profiles, You want to have an option to activate rollback and a better way of locking rows etc.
Ok, I say an option to activate in prefs, because our vision
is to have a transparant layer of the SQL engine and until now this is not ready, we suppose.

Thanks for the hack for study.

m0nty
  • 2005/4/13 13:00

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

ok have done the image upload etc..

this has turned out to be quite an extensive core hack though..

i've duplicated the avatar class and made a new photo class, so you can edit the settings for photo's from XOOPS admin in the same way as you do for avatars etc..

you can check it out HERE

if you want to download it click HERE

it's not fully complete, the user side is ok and works fully, but i haven't started the admin edit user side yet so u can only edit the new info from the user side and not via admin..

this replaces quite a few of the XOOPS core files, and also adds a few new classes as mentioned previously..

upload the contents of the zip to the root folder overwriting (make sure you back your files up 1st)

then in phpmyadmin, run the query which you can find in the sql.txt file, that will create the new tables.

once you have done, goto admin and update the system module.

let me know what you think.. (you'll find the settings and stuff in the system menu and in the preferences and user settings where the avatar settings are)

catalin12345

very good work!finish the admin side too and let us know!

rominus
  • 2005/4/13 15:34

• rominus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/27

ok this looks great i will also wait till everything is finished before downloading it but very nice work man!

Rom

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits