jorge
Re: News 1.3 Author problem
  • 2005/4/4 16:54

• jorge

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/17

Ok, I have the news module with admin approving configured. If some user post an article (waiting for approvation) I can see the correct author of the post in the admin area of the module.

If I enter the site as a standard user and then I try to post an article I have no choice to choose the author (-> i'm receiving the correct form).

This is my experience, maybe it can be helpful for you in any way.

tedsmith
  • 2005/4/4 18:39

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I have set the permissions for all my users to be able to post news - we use it as a task management utility. There is no issue currently with my Intranet (that I am aware of) about permissions of the module - all of us are authroised to post.

However, only webmasters have the drop down menu to select the author - standard registered users do not, and when they submit the news, it shows up as anonymous. I then have to go in and change it to reflect them as the author which is no good. If I'd known of this before hand I'd not have upgraded to it from News 1.2 which worked like a charm.

bluenova

I think this is a bug, I have the same problem. If Auto-approve is set in the module settings and in the permissions the users don't have approve permissions then the authers name appears, no problems, but in there submit news screen they can't see extended content and publish date end date settings.
BUT
If I set Permissions to 'can approve news' then they see the extented contect, publish date and end date settings in submit news, but there name is displayed as anonymous

bluenova

Quote:
Hello,

This problem was just solved and I will soon release a new version.

Bye,
Hervé

tedsmith
  • 2005/4/8 10:20

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Herve - I hate to ask (seeing as you guys develop for free) but any idea when the new version will be ready? It's a very important issue for us on our Intranet that the author is displayed correctly.

Thanks

rowdie
  • 2005/4/8 10:33

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Hervé posted the solution on the News dev site. That might help, until the new version is released

tedsmith
  • 2005/4/8 14:24

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks very much. That's great, and it worked. For info :

Quote:

I have found the bug. In the file called /xoops/modules/news/submit.php, replace the line 272 :
if ($approveprivilege || $xoopsUser->isAdmin($xoopsModule->mid())) {

with :
if (isset($_POST['author']) && ($approveprivilege || $xoopsUser->isAdmin($xoopsModule->mid())) ) {

I will very soon release a new version

hervet
  • 2005/4/8 17:29

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Sorry for the bug and for my late.

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits