Herko
Re: XOOPS 2.0.7.x to 2.0.9.2 disasters
  • 2005/1/19 7:50

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Louisg1: didn't I give you the same (yet less detailed) answer as m0nty provided here? I replied to your question in the thread you created for this issue... I might be wrong tho. Glad to see that it's fixed.

Herko

m0nty
  • 2005/1/19 14:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

yes, glad u got it fixed louis :)

(now i don't need to go buy a toupee to stop me pullin my own hair out)

Ventrix
  • 2005/1/19 23:01

• Ventrix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/31

i cant get into my newbb forum. ERROR: Could not connect to the forums database. :) what now? (after updating)

Chainsaw
  • 2005/1/21 9:10

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

I just want to report I did something silly tonight...

I threw all caution into the wind and performed two version upgrades (but not before I did a backup of my site).

2.0.6 to 2.0.7 -> went without a flaw (WHOOHOOO!!!)

2.0.7 to 2.0.9.2 -> I read this thread with trepidations, I noted all the murphys so backed up my database and downloaded my custom templates (just to be sure).

Anyway - it all went perfectly without a hitch or a bump. I'm back cooking with gas!!!!!

ponka
  • 2005/1/21 14:48

• ponka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/21

Since the mainfile.dis.php is mentione, I would like to tell my experience. The following lines in mainfile.dist.php will be copied into mainfile.php:

if ( DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR != '/' ) {
// IIS6 may double the \ chars
$xoopsScriptPath = str_replace( strpos( $xoopsScriptPath, '\\\\', 2 ) ? '\\\\' : DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, '/', $xoopsScriptPath);
}

The '\\\\' is not seen as syntatically correct by AceHTML. When IE 6 load mainfile.dist.php and mainfile.php, it shows a blank page. Is '\\\\' or its proximity in the codes a Php syntatic bug?

m0nty
  • 2005/1/21 22:13

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

@ponka: the code looks right to me.. altho i'm no coder, i think that part is just to check if II6 has doubled the amount of slashes / in the path, if it detects more than it should then it replaces them and removes the extra doubled slashes..
altho dreamweaver doesn't detect any syntax errors in the code, remember you're using an HTML editor so there maybe errors when editing php code.. but again i'm not a coder and i've never used ACEhtml, so i don't know how that software treats php code..

regarding loading mainfile.php and mainfile.dist.php in IE6.. well of course it's going to show a blank page.. those scripts aren't supposed to be called directly, they are only included into other scripts & mainfile.dist.php is only used during installation to write the layout to mainfile.php.. once thats been done it's not used again..

m0nty
  • 2005/1/21 22:19

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

Ventrix wrote:
i cant get into my newbb forum. ERROR: Could not connect to the forums database. :) what now? (after updating)

i'm not sure.. but i'll ask you anyway..

were you using newbb2 before you upgraded?

if so, did you also use the newbb update too? just have to ask because the newbb files in the update patch are for newbb 1 and not newbb2.. so essentially you may have overwritten your newbb2 files with old newbb1 files..

you could try downloading newbb2 again and recopy the files back to your server overwriting them..

i'm not certain that this is the reason it's doing it, but it could be a possibility..

gravies
  • 2005/2/9 5:59

• gravies

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/18

I just upgraded from 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.9.2 with no real problems so far execpt one weird one.

With news 1.21 it shows poster as anonymous on the index page but gives the correct user (me) with the article.php generated page...

I'm not sure if it is a system problem or a news problem... anyway everything else went smoothly so thanks guys.

[EDIT] - Just tried News 1.3 Beta and the problem goes away...

toolsmythe
  • 2005/2/13 15:41

• toolsmythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/27

I bit the bullet yesterday and upgraded from 2.0.7.x to 2.0.9.2. It went just fine.

I decided to do it in two steps, 2.0.7.x to 2.0.9 and then 2.0.9 to 2.0.3.

The only problems I had were:

- When I created my new mainfile.php I missed defining my XOOPS_ROOT_PATH (my fault), so at first it couldn't serve up any pages because it couldn't find any source files.

- Next I started serving up white screens. Turning site debugging on showed me that smarty was complaining that it couldn't write to templates_c. For some reason the permissions on that directory were 755 and should have been 777. I don't know if act of installing could have somehow changed this (I doubt it - not touched) or if the previous version of smarty didn't care about this and the new version does. Anyway, I did a chmod to 777 and then got the same complaint on the cache directory. Same solution there and I was rockin' in the free world.

The 2.0.9 to t.0.9.2 upgrade was trivial and uneventful by comparison.

The FAQ on Why do I have a blank white page on my site? was invaluable.

Also, make a full copy of your website and a full backup of your database before you do anything. I actually had switched hosting companies just before doing this, so I knew from experience that I could bring my site back from backups in under two hours if I needed to. That gave me the confidence to go ahead and try the upgrade.

I saw enough horror stories in this thread; thought I post something positive .

JP

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits