zeniko
Re:Wiki mess... what's the best of it?
  • 2004/11/10 23:13

• zeniko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/16

In fact, there isn't that much to be merged. As I see it, Wiwi is still mainly an enhanced version of WikiMod and includes (resp. will include) most or even all of WikiMod's functionality.

Opposed to Wiwi, I'll keep WikiMod as slick as possible. That means that if you need any more "extravagant" features (such as image upload, user comments or a WYSIWYG editor), you'll better help Xavier to fix those bugs you're talking about.

As for WikiMod's state of development: It is hibernating for the time being. As long as I haven't got any own XOOPS site, I'm not really working on it - except fixing bugs and occasionally implementing some functionality suggested by the users (as has happened now for XoopsCode support and the diff feature).

phppp
Re: Wiki mess... what
  • 2004/11/11 0:08

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

bbchen is going to re-start the wakka-wiki development.

libervis
  • 2004/11/11 1:12

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

@Zeniko:

It's not like i can't without them, but i like the features provided with Xaviers wiwimod.. On his forum he told me that you sent him your module and he says that there will be xoopscode support in wiwimod soon. That practically makes wiwimod my current best choice..

I am having both modules installed right now and wikimod supports xoopscode fine, but doesn't supports html (not that much needed however). It also doesn't recognize CamelCase and has problems creating new pages.. just wanted to let you know if you'd want to fix that.

@phppp: It's great news as wakka looks pretty nice.. hm.. maybe i try it out once again..

The thing is that i need a working and stable wiki module ASAP so i choose better, but also the fastest improving mod.

Thank you guys
Daniel

libervis
  • 2004/11/11 2:21

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Whoops.. Disregard what i said about html not working. I missed the option of supporting both and now i enabled it and it works fine.

However, there is still a page creation problem. When i type CamelCase it doesn't creates a link. And if i make a link manually pointing to something like "http://www.libervis.com/wikimod/index.php?page=NewPage" it leads me to the "not found" error instead to the form for creating a new page.

I believe it's not a big bug..

As you see, i am still evaluating the two modules. Both look great. Wiwi is more featurefull and wikimod is "slicker" as you said yourself :)

Thank you
Daniel

zeniko
  • 2004/11/11 8:32

• zeniko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/16

I'm not able to reproduce your problems. The "not found" error is most probably caused by an invalid URL. Try http://www.libervis.com/modules/wikimod/index.php?page=NewPage instead. However, as you've protected that module, I can't test it nor verify the other bug mentioned.

As for CamelCase in general, WikiMod only accepts keywords which satisfy the following conditions: (1) it consists of two or more words without intermediary spaces; (2) each word must consist of at least two letters, the first one upper cased the others lower cased; (3) to the left of the keyword must be a space or the very beginning of the line. Optionally a keyword may be followed by a number.

libervis
  • 2004/11/12 0:25

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Oh.. Thank you

Again i made a stupid mistake with the link (forgot the /module/ thing).

It all works fine now. Thank you

PS: I am gonna remove your libervis account at your request.

Daniel

veggieryan
  • 2004/12/27 4:39

• veggieryan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

yeah!

got the wiwimod 0.6 wiki working with Koivi!

this is a dirty hack.. Xavier.. maybe you can clean it up.
noticed it sometimes doesent recognize camelcase if its on a seperate line with a space infront of the camelcase?(wierd)

other than that it seems pretty solid!

steps:
1.install the new Koivi class from the module dev forge.. follow all the steps.. replace the image_manager template and update the system module
2. select HTMLarea as your editor in the wiwi prefrences
3. edit your index.php in the wiwimod folder like this:
a. comment the whole check browser function lines 4-24(dont need it since wiwi is cross browser!!!)
b. around line 132 comment
Quote:

$t_area = new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea('Content', 'body', $body, 37, 80);
$form->addElement($t_area);

and add this code
Quote:

include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/class/xoopsformloader.php";
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php";
$t_area = new XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea('Content', 'body', $body, '100%', '400px','');
$form->addElement($t_area);

it works!
if someone can tell me how to do this cleaner that would be great...
i think its super important to have a cross browser wysiwyg wiki!
check mine out at
realenergy.net's wiki

having koivi in a wiki makes wiwimod the slickest!!!!

i now have koivi working for wf-channel, wf-sections, news 1.2 and wiwimod! its the best!
thanks guys!
ryan.

ps.. why isnt an option on this forum?
pps.. why am i still getting the wierd failure to reload pages after submiting pages with koivi.. not a showstopper.. but would be nice to fix.. tried the hacks in the docs.. not cutting it...

dashbord
Re: Wiki mess... what's the best of it?
  • 2005/4/17 6:08

• dashbord

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/19

Hi all,

I released PukiWikiMod hack today.

Future
1.You can paste any image and flash using by #ref(URL).
2.Fix English message at main menu.

Download here.

LazyBadger

JFYI
The requested URL /xoops/pubs/pukiwiki124arches0417.zip was not found on this server.

dashbord
  • 2005/4/17 8:11

• dashbord

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/19

Oops! That was typo. Sorry about that.
You can download now.

Download here.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits