Chris03
Help with flash intro
  • 2004/3/22 21:01

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

I am trying to make my flash intro come up first not xoops. But when i make the intro say index.htm and make IIS load that first not Index.php it loads the intro blah blah then if you press Home in XOOPS it replays the intro...not what i want. I have edited it to go tohttp://www.siteurl.com/index.php instead ofhttp://www.siteurl.com but it shows a blank page...? Any ideas? on how to make this work...

Stewdio
Re: Help with flash intro
  • 2004/3/22 21:29

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Go to System Admin>Templates>[Cloned template name]/system/system_block_mainmenu.html

Edit to add folowing red colored text, save and your done. (If thats not the correct spot, play around and check the results.)

The only time someone will see your intro is when they go to yoursite.com. When they cllick on "Home" in Xoops, they will go to the index.php I've done this on earlier versions of my site and it works.

<table cellspacing="0">

<tr>
<td id="mainmenu"> <a class="menuTop" href="<{$xoops_url}>">/index.php<{$block.lang_home}></a>
<!-- start module menu loop -->
<{foreach item=module from=$block.modules}> <a class="menuMain" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/<{$module.directory}>/"><{$module.name}></a>
<{foreach item=sublink from=$module.sublinks}> <a class="menuSub" href="<{$sublink.url}>"><{$sublink.name}></a>
<{/foreach}> <{/foreach}>
<!-- end module menu loop -->
</td>
</tr>
</table>

cuckston
  • 2004/3/22 21:41

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

I tried it out on my site as i was intrested in this and it seems to work!! ThanksStewdio even though i didnt ask the question!!

Chris03
  • 2004/3/24 0:02

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

i was looking for a way to show it once then skip it everytime that users comes back, and show for new users...like a guess making a cookie, this may be too much, so i may just forget the intro....

I did the /index.php and it works THANK YOU!!!!

but would like to skip for repeat visitors!

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/24 1:12

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

For repeat visitors, I guess you have to do some cookie thing. I've never touched a cookie in my life so I have no clue where to get started on that. You could do it with Javascript, but I'm not too fond of that idea.

Glad you guys got your intro page sorted out, I know how important that can be from a design perspective for Advertising, Media & Graphic types.

HughG
  • 2004/3/24 4:32

• HughG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

<script>
<!--

// page to go to if cookie exists
go_to "http:// www. YOURDOMAIN .com";

// number of days cookie lives for
num_days 60;
function 
ged(noDays){
    var 
today = new Date();
    var 
expr = new Date(today.getTime() + noDays*24*60*60*1000);
    return  
expr.toGMTString();
}

function 
readCookie(cookieName){
    var 
start document.cookie.indexOf(cookieName);
    if (
start == -1){ 

document.cookie "seenit=yes; expires=" ged(num_days);
    } else {

window.location go_to;
    }
}

readCookie("seenit");
// -->
</script>

Changing days to hours

If you would like the cookie to expire immediately or in a matter of hours or minutes, you can make the following modifications :

To have the cookie expire immediately, set the num_days variable to a negative number. Eg.

num_days = -1;

To have the cookie expire in a matter of hours, remove the *24 from the ged (Get Expiration Date) function. The num_days = 5; variable will now be the number of hours. For your information, the rest of the figures mean, times 60 seconds, times 60 minutes, times 1000 milliseconds.

***make sure to replace and close up the yourdomain.com .. it was expanded so it would show in the code window...

Chris03
  • 2004/3/24 15:09

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

yall are gods, yes gods!!!! Thank you soooo much!!!

tittelba
Re:Help with flash intro
  • 2004/10/16 16:07

• tittelba

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/9 2

I have a similar question but I'm not even as far along.
I have a flash intro I'd like everyone to see before entering the site. How do I do this since the flash intro is index.php as is the homepage?

Also,
When I edited the system_block_mainmenu.html adding "index.php. The "Home" button on the main menu is now labeled "index.php". How do I fix this?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom

tittelba
Re:Help with flash intro
  • 2004/10/20 21:04

• tittelba

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/9 2

Anyone? To clearify, I have a simple flash intro I'd like everyone to see when they go to my site but once they're at the site I don't want the flash intro to appear everytime they hit the "home" button on the main page.

Is there a way to have some other file open, other then root/index.php when someone goes to www.myurl.com and then have the flash intro open my homepages index.php afterwards?

Any idea's would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits