I am pleased to announce the release of version 1.0 RC 2 of xmnews
Xmnews is a simple module for creating news (articles) for XOOPS. This complete module is an interesting alternative for posting articles on its website. This module is in line with the other modules of the XM family.
The latest new features from xoops are implemented. The module is delivered with basic bootsrap 3 compatible templates. If you are not using a bootstrap 3 theme, you will need to create your templates using the overloading of templates in your theme.
In the extra folder you will find 100% responsive bootstrap 4 compatible templates. In the future only the bootstrap 4 templates will be offered.
The main points of the module are:
• Category management.
• Full permissions to customize access.
• Keywords (SEO) customizable for each article or automatic if the field is free.
• Automatic description (SEO) for each article.
• Management of possible articles from the user side (addition, validation, deletion and cloning).
• Several blocks available (Recent, most viewed, random and awaiting validation).
Please note, this module needs xoops 2.5.10. If you are not on this version, this is the time to develop your site
It is an RC version so it is recommended to use it only on a test site. The final version is planned for the next few days depending on the problems you may encounter.
Note that this is an RC version and no addition of functionality is planned for version 1.0.
This module is supported and used by: https://www.monxoops.fr/
For support: https://github.com/GregMage/xmnews/issues
To download the latest version: https://github.com/GregMage/xmnews/releases