markanderson
What Is the Actual Purpose of Xoops

XOOPS is an acronym of eXtensible Object Oriented Portal System. Though started as a portal system, XOOPS is in fact striving steadily on the track of Content Management System. It can serve as a web framework for use by small, medium and large sites.

Till up to here i have heard . But What making me confusing is what is main purpose of XOOPS in sites?

sailjapan
Re: What Is the Actual Purpose of Xoops

CMS describes it best for me. I switched to XOOPS from static html pages when I reached about 100 pages. My biggest site now has over 3000 individual articles/news items and it's a hell of a lot easier to manage it all in XOOPS than if it were still static (the site also has RSS feeds, videos, downloads, directories and a bunch of other features that would have taken ages to hand code).
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

culex
  • 2009/7/30 15:23

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

Simple to provide users a Free, secure, and very easy system with a minimun of special skills to setup, administer, and update.

With a big community from where to look for help and special needs for your site
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

frankblack
  • 2009/7/30 15:33

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Quote:
But What making me confusing is what is main purpose of XOOPS in sites?

It depends (of course)! Whatever you want to do just go ahead and try it with XOOPS. This system is quite flexible and what is not possible out-of-box, could be added. I guess there are far better brands out there - but soon you will get addicted.

Even me as a non-pro-programmer get some nice results in quite a short time.

iunderwood

My take is that it can be a portal, or a CMS. It's a foundation, really. Through the use of modules and themes, it's possible to make almost anything.
++I;
Resized Image

deepak267
  • 2009/9/9 11:26

• deepak267

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/8/15

It's a simple to use CMS framework. I started my fish keeping hobby site with no knowledge of web hosting and CMS. There was a big learning curve in the begining. but it did not take much time to understand how things work on CMS or web portal.

I am still learning and updating my site. Thanks to XOOPS and it's friendly members.

Deepak

djynnius
  • 2009/9/9 15:23

• djynnius

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/21

For me its a web development tool. cause its really difficult to define what XOOPS is. Its as important as Dreamweaver, photoshop u know... A tool in its self for development of web applications. It can by applied as a solution in varried scenarios.

It fits in simple web site designs, enterprise CMS needs, custom business application designs, u know the whole works, at this point i think limiting its definition to CMS or Portal is not appropriate, its a platform, a framework, a this and a that and nothing would really do. overall its a precious tool.

DonCurioso

Xoops it's a perfect partner for my life. Cold beers, freetime & web project, under Xoops, of course.

Sometimes it looks like a drug, when i use more & more, i want more of XOOPS

hamzehnasor
  • 2009/10/3 18:51

• hamzehnasor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/10/3

i heard it was made from php-nuke

deka87
  • 2009/10/3 21:06

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

as for me it's another 3,000$ a year plus a lot of new friends and a great thing to follow.

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits