tjmichner
Viewing Changes to CSS Theme Pages
  • 2006/7/16 1:42

• tjmichner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/22

Since downloading XOOPS I am learning all sorts of new directions for web development. My question in this:

I am working to change some of the CSS style elements and I am then uploading the final to my website so that I can view the outcome of my changes. Is there a way to see these changes to the CSS theme pages in a stand alone environment and save me from having to upload for each change? Maybe I am misunderstanding something.

I have downloaded xSAS if it is possible to make the changes in that ??? Please let me know of any direction you might have or if I am misunderstanding what I am tyring to do.

Thank you

bradburn
Re: Viewing Changes to CSS Theme Pages
  • 2006/7/28 10:18

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/26

Hi tjmichner,

This doesnt appear to be an active forum as noone is replying to our posts.

I use XSAS to develop and customise my themes, I then copy the folder of the theme in to the themes folder of the live site.

This means I can properly test the theme in a private environment before I upload it in the live site.

Cheers,
Rob

Quest
  • 2006/7/28 12:03

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Looks like somebody is answering his question. YOU. I was sleeping. Because of all the days activity on this as you stated "inactive board" I needed my sleep as do others I suspect.

Quest

jensclas

I have successfully installed WAMP5 as a local server on my PC and can now play with XOOPS to my hearts content....one thing to watch for is that installation is to the www folder - not a htdocs folder - and you need to create a database to begin with.

kidtroopa
  • 2006/8/3 1:54

• kidtroopa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/15

View the following FAQ for instructions. Pretty much all you will need to do is delete the temp files in the "temporary_c" folder. Keep any "index.html" files that are present.

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=201

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits