sednax
a.. reputation mod
  • 2006/6/22 20:09

• sednax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/5 1

i'm shocked that this doesn't exist yet (or i'm blind :-p ). This could be really usefull, a reputation mod. users can add positive or negative reputation to other users etc.. you know what i mean

is there something available like this??

jensclas
Re: a.. reputation mod

Do a search on 'Karma' and you will find it is one of the features of a forum module and is the closest thing i can think of to a way of rating a 'reputation'...got no idea how it works though.

Personally I am not into this sort of thing as I find it 'judgemental' - My experiences on Ebay have taught me that feedback systems are really dependent on the individual standards of the person making the feedback and many of them are unforgiving and perfectionists - as a result somtimes their feedback is very offputting and that is saying it nicely.

I much prefer our system of users 'just popping in' or 'can't stay away' or 'friend of xoops' - as far as 'Reputation' goes you get it by what you do not by what you are rated at...Your number of posts, your kinds of posts and the wonderful thankyous after some effort to help are enough to establish 'reputation' around here IMHO.

davidl2
  • 2006/6/22 21:15

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

There was a module called Userpoints - but I think that was abandoned a long time ago...

hervet
  • 2006/6/23 15:09

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

sednax wrote:
i'm shocked that this doesn't exist yet

You are "shocked" ! .... ???

davidl2
  • 2006/6/23 15:10

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

There has been insufficient demand for this to be developed yet.

Lance_
  • 2006/6/23 17:45

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

This would be a nice addition to the forums karma system, but like mentionned above, user give positive or negative feedback. Maybe points (like devshack) for those that help and negative to those that only hinder. Points can then be redeemed on those sites that have subscriptions or prizes or simply member levels.

A lot of complex ideas to put in one little paragraph.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Mantooth
  • 2006/6/23 21:08

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

Quote:

hervet wrote:
Quote:

sednax wrote:
i'm shocked that this doesn't exist yet

You are "shocked" ! .... ???

i think he's just surprised. i could be wrong, but i think that most other major cms's and forum scripts have some sort version of a reputation/userpoint mod.

I hate Mortal Kombat

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits