Grover
Login error: you don't have permission
  • 2005/2/25 13:28

• Grover

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/13

Just about every time I log in everything proceeds as it should, reloading the main page with all the Registered User goodies. If I try to access another page or the admin area. Then I usually get this message:

Quote:
"Sorry, you don't have permission to access this area"

Then when I log in again eveything is fine.

This need to log in twice happens about 90% of the time.

I'm using XOOPS 2.0.9.2 with no prior upgrades, installed via Fantastico.

rdonato
Re: Login error: you don't have permission
  • 2005/2/28 20:51

• rdonato

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/31

I have this same issue too...has anyone replied with a possible solutioN?

raschmidt
  • 2005/3/1 3:26

• raschmidt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

Same problem. I have to login twice. Not only as regular user but also as admin. The first login works, then with the first button pressed the site reloads and present the screen with the access problem.

HELP... plzzzzzzz

Rainer

raschmidt
  • 2005/3/1 3:35

• raschmidt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

OK I found the solution and already tested and verified it on my system.

Go into your XOOPS directory and edit the file mainfile.php.

Change the line where it says

http://yoursite.com

into:

http://www.yoursite.com

Tadaaaaa

That's it. As I understand in a vague way a double login occurs. First from the www.name.com address, then when you press a button the request comes from the name.com system which confuses the russian which is sitting in the cpu and is responsible for access security.He sends you back to the gate to get a new pass.

Cheers and let me know if it woiked!
Rainer

rdonato
  • 2005/3/3 5:54

• rdonato

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/31

You are a genius!!! Worked for me and I'm all fixed. You should submit to the dev folks to fix that.

Thanks a bunch!

Grover
  • 2005/3/5 17:33

• Grover

• Just popping in

A genius indeed. Works like a charm!

For others experiencing this problem you'll have to change write permissions for mainfile.php to make the changes stick. Don't forget to change them back.

Another symptom of this problem is that during the faulty login, banners always appear scrunched into the top row of Shoutbox. Once you relogin that annoyance goes away.

Thanks raschmidt.

Grover
  • 2005/3/6 17:22

• Grover

• Just popping in

Here's an addendum to the above issue. After changinghttp://yoursite.com
tohttp://www.yoursite.com in mainfile.php major errors occurred in the module Article Manager for XOOPS when adding new content. Debugging allowed me to trace it back to mainfile.php. Undoing those changes returned everything back to normal.

Something else that raschmidt mentioned about double login makes me think he's on the right track. Before logging in at my main page -- which isn't open to the public yet -- Who's Online always shows that there's one member and one guest when in fact there's only one person, me. Once I try logging in security spits me back out as outlined above in the initial post, proclaiming that I do not have permission. Security seems to be assuming it's the guest version of me rather than a member version of me that is trying to access deeper into the site.

I lack the knowledge and insight to know whether this is a bug or normal or just a quirk of my system. I have no idea whether this is related to the mainfile.php problem as discussed but would definitely appreciate some insight.

Herko
  • 2005/3/6 17:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

the problems with modules comes from the fact that when you change mainfile.php, you have to 'update' every module in the system admin -> modules page. This will propagate the changes in mainfile.php everywhere.

Herko

Grover
  • 2005/3/7 18:10

• Grover

• Just popping in

Nice tip Herko. Updating the modules solved the problems stemming from changes to mainfile.php.

Any insights into the double login issue?

shalommemphi

I am having a problem that I wonder if it could be anyway related. I can't seem to get the LOST PASSWORD option to work. I am using version 2.0.10rc everything works fine except if you try to retrieve your lost password.

You get the email with the link however when you click it, you never get the email with a new password and you are just redirected to the REQUUEST NEW PASSWORD screen again.

Anyone else notice this..I really need a fix baddddddddddd!

Login

Who's Online

272 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 272

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits