bcherb2
Creating new pages/sections
  • 2005/2/18 6:53

• bcherb2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/18

Maybe someone can help but Im a little confused on how to create my own pages and sections:

Say I want to make my own html section and impliment it into my XOOPS page, with linking it on the menu, is there a way to do that?

And also I like how Coppermine photo gallery and phpBB are setup and are used to them, can I run them and link them on the menu on the front page, or even have them displayed in the middle area and still have the banner and navigation of Xoops?

Thanks for the help!

-Ben

jensclas
Re: Creating new pages/sections

Please take the time to read the operatin guide (link of the left under Documentation)

You can also try Multimenu for making your own menu links to areas outside the XOOPS web

Take some time to browse the module repository - there are XOOPS versions of a lot of things and more to come.

bcherb2
  • 2005/2/18 20:38

• bcherb2

• Just popping in

I read the operating guide, that still doesnt really answer my question. Is there any simple way to just insert HTML, or even another php page, into the main body of the XOOPS page while maintaining XOOPS overall functionality?

Thanks

Vionetwork
  • 2005/2/18 21:00

• Vionetwork

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 2

There is something called WF-SECTIONS, use that to publish your pages, html, php or whatever else. You can also use ICONTENT, which I really recommend. They are some coppermine and PHPBB2 tools under Module Resipotory, browse the site for a bit and you will get what you need.

ackbarr

HTML Pages -
XOOPS FAQ: Can I include my own HTML pages in xoops?

Coppermine - you can use xcgal which is a port of the coppermine gallery

phpbb - bbpixel has a port of phpbb to run as a XOOPS module

bcherb2
  • 2005/2/22 17:10

• bcherb2

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help, Ive made some improvements. But how do the professional looking sites get all the standard XOOPS links on the left to disapear and are replaced by links to specific pages? Is this done through a theme or is there any option in a module im overlooking?

Thanks,
Ben

ackbarr

You can use MultiMenu - which is a replacement for the Main Menu block that lets you specify your own links.

bcherb2
  • 2005/2/22 22:01

• bcherb2

• Just popping in

One more Q and I think im good to go --
I need to be able to post a news event and have a nice title and the full or continued story on the front page, but all I can get with the News mod or AMS is a little drop down box with posts, can I get that to go away so I just say have 10 posts on the front page, and is there also a way putting the oldest posts in an archieve automatically? I really need this feature working,

Thanks for the help so far everyone, love xoops!

-Ben

Shine
  • 2005/2/22 22:50

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

See the latest enhanced news module:
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2075

Grtz., Shine

bcherb2
  • 2005/2/23 0:08

• bcherb2

• Just popping in

That worked awesome, but is there a way for it to be display without one of those News selection bars on the front page? S o when people goto the site they see say, the past weeks news stories chonalogically ordered?

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits