fluent
mail users still broken after 1 year
  • 2005/1/14 8:32

• fluent

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

The mail users function is vital to any CMS. With XOOPS it's broken in several places. Firstly error reporting doesnt exist and a blank page is shown when an error message should be. Secondly it has a habbit of being unable to cope with sites with large amounts of users.

Also, anyone who runs a serious site is unhappy with having to click Next all the time to send the message to their userbase only sending a few mails at a time (per click).

I've asked/pushed and cajoled people to look at this, but apparantly The XOOPS team are too busy.

I can't really wait any longer and will probably have to switch CMS to meet the demands of our clients...

Jonathan

brash
Re: mail users still broken after 1 year
  • 2005/1/14 8:48

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Wow! In a year you probably would have been able to learn enough PHP to fix it yourself . Seriously though, a couple of those points annoy me to, but not enough to consider switching CMS.

m0nty
  • 2005/1/14 9:02

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you do know that some isp's and web hosts restrict the amount of emails that can be sent at 1 time, and some do delay them aswell like a queue..

but u could try some of the email modules like xmail or something.. i've never used them so i can't say how they work..

i usually use phplist to send mass emails anyway..

Mithrandir

I'm amazed that anyone would rely on the built-in mailing script for a serious site, when other people would use a real mailing list script such as mailman or mlmmj.

fluent
  • 2005/1/14 9:42

• fluent

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

The whole point of a CMS is that it provides an integrated toolset to act as a platform to build sites and systems.

Herko
  • 2005/1/14 9:45

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

fluent wrote:
The whole point of a CMS is that it provides an integrated toolset to act as a platform to build sites and systems.

True, but XOOPS is not a complete integrated toolset, it's a platform for 3rd party modules that anhance the default features and add new features and functionlity to your sites as well. Plus, it's a community effort. So it's not that there is a group of people you can just expect to make it happen, we rely on you for this as well.

Herko

Login

Username:
Password:

Lost Password? Register now!

Who's Online

66 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 66

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits