fluent
mail users still broken after 1 year
  • 2005/1/14 8:32

• fluent

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

The mail users function is vital to any CMS. With XOOPS it's broken in several places. Firstly error reporting doesnt exist and a blank page is shown when an error message should be. Secondly it has a habbit of being unable to cope with sites with large amounts of users.

Also, anyone who runs a serious site is unhappy with having to click Next all the time to send the message to their userbase only sending a few mails at a time (per click).

I've asked/pushed and cajoled people to look at this, but apparantly The XOOPS team are too busy.

I can't really wait any longer and will probably have to switch CMS to meet the demands of our clients...

Jonathan

brash
Re: mail users still broken after 1 year
  • 2005/1/14 8:48

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Wow! In a year you probably would have been able to learn enough PHP to fix it yourself . Seriously though, a couple of those points annoy me to, but not enough to consider switching CMS.

m0nty
  • 2005/1/14 9:02

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you do know that some isp's and web hosts restrict the amount of emails that can be sent at 1 time, and some do delay them aswell like a queue..

but u could try some of the email modules like xmail or something.. i've never used them so i can't say how they work..

i usually use phplist to send mass emails anyway..

Mithrandir

I'm amazed that anyone would rely on the built-in mailing script for a serious site, when other people would use a real mailing list script such as mailman or mlmmj.

fluent
  • 2005/1/14 9:42

• fluent

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

The whole point of a CMS is that it provides an integrated toolset to act as a platform to build sites and systems.

Herko
  • 2005/1/14 9:45

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

fluent wrote:
The whole point of a CMS is that it provides an integrated toolset to act as a platform to build sites and systems.

True, but XOOPS is not a complete integrated toolset, it's a platform for 3rd party modules that anhance the default features and add new features and functionlity to your sites as well. Plus, it's a community effort. So it's not that there is a group of people you can just expect to make it happen, we rely on you for this as well.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits