arunk
Advertisement Feature
  • 2004/3/22 21:36

• arunk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/11/9

I wanted to know if it would take too much time/effort to include something a channel or zone where different types of ads could be placed. I think this feature would work best as part of the core package of XOOPS, instead of using a module.

It would be nice to be able to include a "zone" or "channel" where other ad formats aside from the standard 468x60 could be placed.

For example a 300 x 250 Medium Rectangle ad. I saw a good example of this while reading some sstuff on Slashdot.org.

If you read some articles, you will see a rectangular advertisement which is embeded into the story content page.

These "zones" or "channels" could be powered by our own ads that we upload to a folder, or the source of the ads could be one of the many ad servers like Fastclick, Advertising.com, etc or some similar service.

Also, it should be pretty easy to setup more than one zone or channel, for different sizes, placements, etc.

AK

Stewdio
Re: Advertisement Feature
  • 2004/3/22 21:50

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Even if the banner placement doesn't change, I would be interested in 'zone management' for ads. This way, when module X is called, Banner X is displayed. This gears the displayed ad(s) towards the page contents.

I've long wanted something like this and think it would make a great addition to the core.

Draven
  • 2004/3/22 21:55

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Guys I doubt something like this would ever be implemented in the core since the positions you are asking for are module related. I have ads in all different positions using blocks and sometime embedding the code in articles pages and so on. Use the PHPadsNew Module I ported. You can find it athttp://wfsections.xoops2.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=16 and build your zones and so on in there. Then just add the code to your pages for each zone you create.

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/22 22:00

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

That answers that, thanks Draven

arunk
  • 2004/3/22 23:08

• arunk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/11/9

I tried about using phpAdsNew.. (not this ported module, but the regular one), but I didn't have any luck with it, . Also, I think it's pretty complicated for the average user, which I would classify myself as.

This link doesn't work.. Has the file been removed from the downloads section?

JABevan
  • 2004/6/27 0:42

• JABevan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

Draven - Any updates on that phpadsnew port? The link you gave doesn't seem to work anymore....

Thanks,
JAB*

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits