Quest
Re: Chat module
  • 2006/8/2 20:37

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Xoopschat 1.5-did you chmod the log folder to 777 ?

Quest

Quest
  • 2006/8/2 20:57

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

@ MattLay-
In reference to the X7Chat integration. The x7Chat comes with instructions inside the docs folder for integration. Here is an excerpt from the docs folder on integration with xoops. I haven't tried it yet but it looks straight forward.

Quote:
*** Pre-Install ****
X7 Chat will automatically detect XOOPS and configure itself to use the same database as Xoops. If you are an experienced user you may configure X7 Chat to
use a different database during installation.
Creating a database beforehand is not necessary.

Quest

svaha
  • 2006/8/2 21:19

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Quote:

Quest wrote:
@ MattLay-
In reference to the X7Chat integration. The x7Chat comes with instructions inside the docs folder for integration. Here is an excerpt from the docs folder on integration with xoops. I haven't tried it yet but it looks straight forward.

Quote:
*** Pre-Install ****
X7 Chat will automatically detect XOOPS and configure itself to use the same database as Xoops. If you are an experienced user you may configure X7 Chat to
use a different database during installation.
Creating a database beforehand is not necessary.

Quest

Yes,, it's easy to install, but you have to be carefull, if you use XOOPS 2.2.x you have to change your XOOPS auth file (inside lib/auth dir of x7) otherwise it will mess up your user tables. It's because XOOPS 2.2.x uses loginname displayname.
What doesn't kill me,
makes me stronger.

http://exm.amevita.eu
http://www.amevita.eu
http://www.alohaspirit.nl

Baldy
  • 2006/8/2 21:49

• Baldy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/27

Quote:

Quest wrote:
Xoopschat 1.5-did you chmod the log folder to 777 ?

Quest

Yes, I made it writeable...

Quest
  • 2006/8/3 13:45

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

The install of the x7chat went great! It works but it is not wrapped into my sites theme. I have tried to use a mypage module and include statement but that did not work either. Well almost. In the mypage with the include for the module it forces a new registration. Where as if I just click on the Main Menu link it opens and has me already logged in. Seems like it would do the same thing if calling it in the mypage module.
From what I can tell with my limited code experience the chat program is designed to wrap itself within the site theme. But it isn't.
I am using 2.0.14, should I make changes to the lib/auth file? If so what and where?

Thanks
Quest

n01un0
  • 2006/8/23 16:09

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

How much bandwith does x7 use compared to Flashchat?

I've installed both and just trying to figure out which is going to be most effective and save on the bandwith and querries.

Thx

Login

Who's Online

114 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 114

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits