carnuke
Surpasshosting... UPDATE
  • 2004/5/12 16:03

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

There's often a flurry of excitement when new things look good, but what happens when the fairy dust wears off?? I've been with surpass for just over a month now and can happily report 100% uptime to date. Not long eh? but you'd be surprised how many hosts mess up really quickly. I have absolutely NO complaints and are really happy with their whole setup and support network.

btw. Surpass DO NOT OFFER ANY REWARDS FOR THIS SORT OF RECOMMENDATION. It's purely for your benefit. Not mine.

Just a resume for you.
-------------------------
Standard
Space- 2000MB
Bandwidth- 30GB
Email- Unlimited
cPanel X9.2- Yes
Scripta- Yes

Monthly- $4.94
Yearly- $48
More Details
---------------------
Power
Space- 3000MB
Bandwidth: 50GB
EMail- Unlimited
cPanel X9.2- Yes
Scripta- Yes
Db--unlimited

Monthly- $6
Yearly- $65
More Details

---------------------
Deluxe
Space- 7000MB
Bandwidth- 75GB
EMail- Unlimited
cPanel X9.2- Yes
Scripta- Yes
Db--unlimited

Monthly- $10
Yearly- $110
More Details

--------------------
Pro
Space- 10000MB
Bandwidth- 100GB
EMail- Unlimited
cPanel X9.2- Yes
Scripta- Yes

Monthly- $14.99
Yearly- $165
More Details Max
Space- 20000MB
Bandwidth- 200GB
EMail- Unlimited
cPanel X9.2- Yes
Scripta- Yes
Db---unlimited

Monthly- $25
Yearly- $275
More

Stewdio
Re: Surpasshosting... UPDATE
  • 2004/5/12 16:07

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I use Surpass, the numbers speak for themselves. If you are not with a good host, or are displeased and want to move, seriously consider this provider. You will not get more bang for your buck anywhere, period.

JackJ
  • 2004/5/12 16:19

• JackJ

• Since: 2003/8/31

Yes, looks like a good deal. I think it is a good thing to offer so much space, knowing that most users will not in practice use nearly that much space or bandwidth, but the big test of satisfaction is happy chappies like yourselves.

I am currently very happy with www.onsmart.net, I know a number of users here use this host too. I only had one problem in the past, which was due to upgrading their server--and there live help is terrific. I can't see any reason just now to shift from a good host, who is giving an excellent service--would feel guilty. Perhaps when I need to use 2000MG?

claydoh
  • 2004/5/12 16:33

• claydoh

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/6 0

I must agree!

I recently purchased a plan for my wife's Dog Agility club site and though it is not finished yet, I am so far very pleased all around.

Word of mouth (these forums) and a little bit of investigation and research led me to choose this host.

carnuke
  • 2004/5/12 18:05

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

In tales of Aesop there was a dog carrying a bone who saw the reflection of a dog in the water, it was carrying an even bigger bone, so he dropped his and jumped in the water to get it.

The moral of this story is "if your happy with what you have, stick with it!" It's a lot of hastle to change. People who have experienced problems with hosting deserve a break and its good to promote genuine hosting companies like this.

jfernau
  • 2004/5/13 18:31

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

carnuke -

When I first started to read your post, I was afraid something was wrong. Then I saw that it was quite the opposite.

So far, Surpass has lived up to their name for me. I've been with several hosts, and they've surpassed them all. As was previously stated, if you're happy where you're at, it's a real pain to move, but if you do need to move, I couldn't think of a better place to move to.

John

frukto
  • 2004/5/13 20:32

• frukto

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/27

One question - is there a shell access to account?

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/14 1:28

• Stewdio

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Quote:

frukto wrote:
One question - is there a shell access to account?

Not by default, no. If you can prove that you absilutely need shell access, they may grant it to you, but I wouldn't expect it. Unless of course you go for a dedicated solution, which is cheap compared to other hosts.

phatty
  • 2004/5/14 5:10

• phatty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/9 2

Interesting... Based on this thread which I've been keeping an eye on and others recommendations I just purchased a dedicated server from Surpass today! I can tell you that so far it's been great service from the friendly emails to the personal follow up phone call.

frukto
  • 2004/5/14 12:30

• frukto

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/27

Quote:
If you can prove that you absilutely need shell access, they may grant it to you, but I wouldn't expect it. Unless of course you go for a dedicated solution, which is cheap compared to other hosts.

Too bad. Making updates or backup, and many other operations is usually much better and easier on shell than ftp.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits