Flinx
NewBB private Forum Group rights and display.
  • 2004/6/30 15:24

• Flinx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/30

Is there anyway to grant a private forum
an entire group of users? It looks to be alot of work to
grant access to a private forum, and then set the allow post also. Much quicker would be to set a group, and it's post permission.

I additionally want to hide the existance of the private
forums for users that don't have access to them.

--I see that there is a hackmodule that Hides the Hidden Forums? This was mildly confusing to me as i would have thought that hidden was hidden.. ( hmm.. )..

Well it's like that, If they don't have permission, I don't think they should see it.

Thanks

Ps, Although not nessarly the right place, I installer the myAlbum, and I wanted similar access rights via a group, and for users without access to not see the category or image at all.

phppp
Re: NewBB private Forum Group rights and display.
  • 2004/6/30 16:19

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

All available in the new Newbb 2.

Wait for its release ...

asche
  • 2004/7/20 22:12

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

Yes, that would be a great thing to grant group access to a private forum (it is so easy to forget single users when not granting group-access). Very nice would be a group-access with ability to add/substract single users. Naughty, is not it? And even more naughty would be a forum where the visibility of topics depends on the group of the user. But this forum would be nice "single point of truth" and an efficient structure for filtering and condensing information.

For sure I would like to be able to hide a "private forum" and only show it according to the group, the logged in user belongs to. So I can open the rest of the public forum without problem:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=DESC&topic_id=14089&forum=21

So I am very curious, is there a good hack around or something coming up with improvements in permission system in newbb?

asche

Flinx
  • 2004/7/27 18:26

• Flinx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/30

asche,

I think that phppp was tring to say that all of this would be available in the next version.

phppp,

I would like to know, when will it be available?

Flinx

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits