brett142000
Blank page
  • 2004/7/19 8:27

• brett142000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/6 9

Hi everyone

Thanx to Mithrandir and SevenD for helping me.
I noticed that 7dana-Xred is a template and not a theme that I downloaded and installed fromhttp://www.7dana.com/download/pafiledb.php / XOOPS Themes.
Can this be the reason for the blank page?
I am still trying to turn on debugging, at the moment I am trying to turn debugging on in "/etc/php.ini" but I don't have permission to edit the file.
Is there anyway that I can get to the administration where I can change the theme e.g. via url

brett142000
Re: Blank page
  • 2004/7/19 13:26

• brett142000

• Just popping in

I have now tried everything, followed all the steps but still no luck with turning on debugging.

I can't get to the administration page so I continued with step 2.

I did everything below listed below.

1. If you can get to admininstration menu, go to Preferences, select 'Main', and find the section on debugging options. Choose "PHP Debugging"

2. If you can't get to the administration page, but have access to mysql, try the query "UPDATE xoops_config SET conf_value=1 WHERE conf_name = 'debug_mode'". Be sure to make sure "xoops_config" matches the name of the config table in your installation.

3. If you can't get to the administration page, and don't want to mess with mysql, but don't mind messing with PHP, then edit the file "include/common.php". Near line 83, change "error_reporting(0);" to "error_reporting(E_ALL);".

4. If this still doesn't work, your server or hoster may have turned off debugging in "/etc/php.ini" (linux) or "WIN_DIRECTORY/php.ini" (windows). Make sure there is a line in there "display_errors On".

In my previous post I mentioned that 7dand-Xred was a template and not a theme. Could this be the reason for my blank page and if it is, What can I do to fix this problem.

Please Help

ackbarr

Create a new .php page with the following code:
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>
and post the url to this page so we can see what settings your host is using.

do you know if you have gzip compression enabled? I noticed recently that sites using gzip compression in PHP failed to render in IE, but rendered fine in Mozilla/Firefox.

Disable XOOPS gzip compression using the following SQL query:
UPDATE xoops_config SET conf_value=0 WHERE conf_name 'gzip_compression'
As before, change 'xoops_config' to match the name of your XOOPS config table.

elvir
BIG WHITE NOTHING AFTER INSTALLING XOOPS !!!
  • 2004/7/19 20:15

• elvir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/4 1

Hi everyone,

I use to see these kind of posts here in forum and I just couldn't believe that people get these errors by trying to install xoops. I'm pretty new with XOOPS also ( a little bit over a year ) but, I've installed XOOPS probable a 100 times and never had problems with installation. Suddenly, a friend of mine after seeing me using XOOPS ask me to make him a web site based on xoops. I had no problems by setting up everything on local but after i try to publish it at the web server I bought for him - I'VE GOT A BLANK PAGE. Jesus, a blank page, twilight zone for xoopers, a worst nightmare ... mare... mare ...mare ... huh ...

I have to mention that i'm using one of the best LINUX - apache ( Boy, I hate Linux ) servers you can find on the web (http://www.webih.com 's web servers ) . Fast, stable Zeus servers , always newest php, MySQL - stable version ... etc ... ( a little commercials isn't bad ). 24 hours these servers are running smoothly, no problems ... not for anyone ...

Anyway, from the step ONE till the last step ( setting up admin account, email and password i had no problems ), after I've clicked HERE to see MY PAGE a big WHITE HOLE HAS BEEN SHOWN.

Can you IMAGINE my face ( eyes as in the cartoons...  ). Can this happen to me? To me? A shaaaaaaaame!

I've tried XOOPS versions: 2.0.1, 2.0.3, 2.0.5.1, 2.0.5.2, 2.0.6, 2.0.7 ... I' couldn't check version 3.0.0 it's never been released yet ... None of them has worked. Cleaning the web server for a six times, uploading everything for a six times, installing everything for a six times, checking everything for a six times, researching a www.xoops.org forum, wiki for a ( huh ) times ... ALL THE FORUMS AT THE WEB. Nothing, there was no solution to find.

Jesus, XOOPS is very easy to install and manage, what the fu** is wrong?

I didn't want to post anything here 'cause someone has said DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU RESEARCH ANYTHING THAT'S BEEN POSTED ON THE FORUM ... I'm gonna shoot him in the knees.

I've checked anything I've found. Thank you Mithrandir for assistance you've posted here in forum and all others that have found some time to participate here, but all you typed up didn't help. I stuck here. And I want to stay here, in this very forum and post my SOLUTION.

I was ready to ask for help and assistance but I've found what was wrong.

Are you ready: :) :) :)

The problem was nothing more or less but XOOPS DEFAULT THEME !!!! ????

Yes, YES YES ...

I wasn't lazy to try everything for another six times, all XOOPS versions i've mentioned above had the same problem again. For a SIX times each version couldn't run ... default theme couldn't run!

Solution, I've renamed montisarts's grey theme into default one and everything was OK.

What happened? Does anybody knows what happen!? I want to know ... please!

Thanks ...

phppp
Re: BIG WHITE NOTHING AFTER INSTALLING XOOPS !!!
  • 2004/7/19 20:28

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

elvir wrote:
Hi everyone,

The problem was nothing more or less but XOOPS DEFAULT THEME !!!! ????

Yes, YES YES ...What happened? Does anybody knows what happen!? I want to know ... please!

Thanks ...

congratulations! finally you got it work.
but why?

I was almost sending out a reply as "I bet you did not read the XOOPS wiki thoroughly".
After re-reading the page ofhttp://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=TroubleshootingBlankPage, I know, yes, you are right -- the "Smarty Templates debug" is not even mentioned there

repeat: why the XOOPS default theme not work? have you turned on the "smarty debug"?

elvir
  • 2004/7/19 21:31

• elvir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/4 1

PHPPP, believe me, I've tried anything I could find at the forums. Anything that anyone even mentioned that could be a solution for this didn't help.

I would really like to know why default theme didn't run!?

Thanks

phppp
  • 2004/7/19 22:10

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

elvir wrote:
I would really like to know why default theme didn't run!?

have you tried "Smarty Templates debug"?
this could help in some cases

brett142000
  • 2004/7/21 10:50

• brett142000

• Just popping in

I have my site back!

ackbarr I managed to fix my site.I went to the XOOPS database and while browsing the xoops_config table I noticed "theme_set", I then changed the conf_value from the theme that gave the blank page to one of my other themes.

Thanx to everyone that took time to help me, Mithrandir,SevenD and ackbarr

skyrider
  • 2004/7/29 9:06

• skyrider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

I had (still have) that problem and amended the table.... but it is *still* blank....

... and I can find no way back in this time. Changing the table didn't work.

Now I'm screwed :(

fastener
  • 2005/1/25 9:16

• fastener

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/25

Hi,
Could someone tell me what the values are to be placed and in which database tables in order to install the new theme.
PLEASE HELP
thanks
nikky

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits