Catzwolf
WF-Downloads v2.0.4 Released
  • 2004/7/12 2:15

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

WF-Downloads v2.0.4

This version can be considered as stable.

Now includes upgrade script for My Downloads.

WF-Download is a file management tool with upload functionality.

Based on the original XOOPS download module and heavily modified by Catzwolf.

WF-Download is a powerful, easy to use module to administrate your download files. You can store the files in categories and with different options. Features: Mimetype configuration, user reviews, comments, ratings, top file listing, email notification and many more features.

You can also allow selected user groups to upload files to your server. The administration of all files can be done in an admin area.

We would like to thank everyone for helping us during the development process.

WARNING: Please read the install_text.txt provided before upgrading!

Notice: This download will appear very shortly at WF-Section Sourceforge website

Version: 2.0.4 Updated: Sun, 11-Jul-2004

Fixed catgeory ordering in to show by title and not ID in admin main index category selection box.
Removed duplicate Lang defines in module/wf-download/index.php
Removed alt text defines on Legend images.
Removed < p > < /p > tags from wfdownloads_index.html as it caused alignment problems in template.
Fixed Bugs when user submits a broken file report.
Fixed grouppermission bug when displaying sub categories in viewcat.php
Fixed category count bug in main index listings.
Fixed Bug where XOOPS Sort bar would show even if no files where available.
Fixed Bug where sub-categories would be displayed when viewing downloads by alphabetical listing.
Fixed Bug where sub-categories listing would show incorrectly when listed.
Fixed Bug in wf-downloads block that would show incorrect path.
Fixed Permissions form in admin for both Category and files.
Fixed Bug where permission where not set of topten items
Fixed Bug where category heading displayed the wrong category description for each category in viewcat.php.
Fixed Bug categories are now ordered by their weight and not title.
Fixed Bug PHP related issue, not all servers have PHP math functions enabled so we did a little workaround on this.
Fixed Bug displaying logo in singlefile page.
Fixed Bug where other files by would show incorrect and also show offline files.
Fixed Bug: Any user could use the update script. A big NO NO! This has been restricted to admin users only.
Fixed Bug: New submission to webmaster displayed the wrong link (Taken to the wrong link when clicking to view new
submission.
Fixed Bug: Duplicate code for image list array in image uploader.php.
Fixed Bug: Group Permissions where not included within WF-Downloads search function.
Every file was shown whether a user had permission to see them or not.
Fixed Bug: Change language Page Published/Expire Date to File Published/Expire date.
Fixed Bug: Block Language define change _MB_MYDOWNLOADS_LENGTH to _MB_WFDOWNLOADS_LENGTH
Fixed Bug: Filenames with spaces where broken, this has been corrected.
Fixed Bug: Fixed allowed File URL Input size to 255 chars when entering File URL in admin.
Fixed Bug: Fixed allowed File URL mirror input size to 255 chars when entering File mirror in admin.
Fixed Bug: Fixed allowed File URL title input size to 255 chars when entering File title in admin.
Fixed Bug: Server Uploads Status displayed incorrect php_ini setting. Should have been file_uploads and not enable_dl.

Added: Alphabetical listing to top ten items.
Added: The ability to create News Story from submitted download (admin only).
Added: Recording user uploader IP address for security reasons.
Added: Url/File check at download stage for broken files. Will redirect user to state file is broken and not a
404 The page cannot be found. Not fully tested yet but seems to be working.
Temporary Removed Spotlight items from category form. Will add in a future version.
Changed Category listing templates for more ordered look.

Download from the WF-Sections Website

Please give as us as much feedback on this module, good or bad so we can improve this module for all in the future.

MadFish
Re: WF-Downloads v2.0.4 Released
  • 2004/7/12 8:06

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Hi

All seems in order except for one thing - when I click on the download link for a file, I get a blank page (the left column, header, footer and 'downloads' logo all appear ok, but the actual content area is empty). I've got thumbnails turned off (as I don't think my host's server has GD libraries).

I've tried two clean installs with the same result (and following the install_text.txt). Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/12 8:12

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
Hi

All seems in order except for one thing - when I click on the download link for a file, I get a blank page (the left column, header, footer and 'downloads' logo all appear ok, but the actual content area is empty). I've got thumbnails turned off (as I don't think my host's server has GD libraries).

I've tried two clean installs with the same result (and following the install_text.txt). Any ideas ?

Thanks.

I know that this works, or you would not have been able to download this module from our website. I can only assume that there is a conflict with another module somewhere.

Turn on PHP debugging and copy and paste the results here for us to have a look at. =)

Liquid

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/12 8:31

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
Hi

Edit: Looks like it is related to the GD issues, the following warning appears in the 'server status' box on the file management page:

Quote:
Information taken from PHP ini File:
# GD Library Support: Disabled (No Thumb Nails Available)
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: gd_info() in /www/crushdepth.net/www/modules/wfdownloads/include/functions.php on line 65

Double checking: Screen shots are off, thumbnails are off, and update thumbnailes is off.

Thanks.

@Madfish:

Thanks will have a patch available within the next 1/2 hour for everyone to download =)

Liquid

MadFish
  • 2004/7/12 8:32

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

Ok thanks

The following warning appears in the 'server status' box on the file management page:

Quote:
Information taken from PHP ini File:
# GD Library Support: Disabled (No Thumb Nails Available)
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: gd_info() in /www/crushdepth.net/www/modules/wfdownloads/include/functions.php on line 65

Double checking: Screen shots are off, thumbnails are off, and update thumbnailes is off.

MadFish
  • 2004/7/12 8:35

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

Much appreciated

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/12 9:00

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

This bug fix will correct the Fatal error: Call to undefined function: gd_info() when GD library not installed on server. As reported on Xoops.org.

Undefined function gdinfo() bug fix

The main package has been updated to correct this issue and if you have this problem we strongly suggest you download the fix.

Liquid

Talis
  • 2004/7/12 10:36

• Talis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

2 lil' buggies reported at Sourceforge.

davidl2
  • 2004/7/12 10:53

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Many thanks - can I just say that if anyone does come across any bugs - to please use the Sourceforge bug tracker at:http://wfsections.xoops2.com - in order for the team to focus on them better.

Many thanks in advance

tedsmith
  • 2004/7/12 10:54

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Thanks for getting this module out chap.

Not sure if its a bug or not, but I appear to be missing the wfdupdate.php file? I've done the rest of the instructions and opened my site, gone to modules\wfdownloads and selected update, and it appeared to update the database, and it works OK (except the second page of catergory links is still a bit untitdy and nothing like the first page of catergories that is nicely nested)

The file isn't in the zip so I doubt that my XOOPS site deleted it during the update.? Any thoughts

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits