askchaz
is xoops development dead?
  • 2004/5/20 8:08

• askchaz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/28

i hear some things about changes in who's heading XOOPS and haven't seen any updates or news since february. can someone just post a hello and what's going on?

i really like XOOPS and it would be nice to just get a pulse on things.

thanks.

limecity
Re: is xoops development dead?
  • 2004/5/20 8:17

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Hello~!
Xoops development is not dead.

just be patience..
i am sure developers and non developers and coders and hackers and everyone in the XOOPS community are doing their best to bring XOOPS over its limits~

Could be just temporary slowdown..

~GOod Things comes to those who wait~

chapi
  • 2004/5/20 8:18

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Did you read the latest WOX (World of Xoops) Newsletter?

Xoops development is very active. Just have a look at dev.xoops.org where many great modules were developed at the moment.

Mithrandir

Development is far from dead.

3 months is not all that long, I feel, we need to be careful not to spew out versions right and left, but only release them, when there is an actual reason for it.

Currently we are putting in the last patches and bugfixes of a 2.0.7 release candidate, which should be out shortly

edit: LOL - three replies so fast after each others... no, XOOPS development and community is very much alive

longhair
  • 2004/5/20 9:53

• longhair

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/3/29

You may be confused with E-Xoops, which has recently announced similar news.

Mithrandir

Yeah, apparently e-xoops has changed name to RunCMS... possibly to distinguish themselves from XOOPS (which I think is a very good idea - the two names have been too close to each others)

Dave_L
  • 2004/5/20 10:25

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

(never mind)

askchaz
  • 2004/5/20 18:21

• askchaz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/28

well, i'm happy to see such responses so quickly. i expected as much. the community is active. i only put the subject i did because in the past when i posted i was actually completely ignored and no one replied. i figured this subject line would ilicit some responses :)

i don't expect quick releases and actually appreciate mature, stable releases. i was just getting a bit antsy because i have seen the same home page with the same news on here for the last 3 months with the WOX and i just wanted to say "hey, what's going on nowadays".

when choosing CMS frameworks, it's important to know where things are heading. i've been watching mambo and i like what i see there as far as some of the innovative things they have in place and their roadmap, but i wasn't sure where XOOPS was heading especially with the news of change in direction, lead developers, and merging of projects. there were some references in WOX about that but i just wanted to get a pulse on how all that was going.

thanks for those who replied. it's a good show of support. by the way, i really like xoops. you guys made a very good product.

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/20 18:40

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Quote:

askchaz wrote:
<snip>
i was just getting a bit antsy because i have seen the same home page with the same news on here for the last 3 months with the WOX and i just wanted to say "hey, what's going on nowadays".
</snip>

This months WoX Newsletter was publised on May 2nd, (3 weeks ago), however we did miss Aprils letter, which won't happen again.

The next WoX newsletter is scheduled for May 31

Brad
  • 2004/5/20 19:16

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

Quote:
Stewdio wrote:
This months WoX Newsletter was publised on May 2nd, (3 weeks ago), however we did miss Aprils letter, which won't happen again.

Of course it won't happen again... last April will never happen again so there won't be another chance to miss it.

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits