davidl2
Re: Cant login!
  • 2004/3/11 16:06

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I think the cache may have been a false alarm, but I added the lines at the top of the the main themes file (can't recall the name at the moment - will check when i get home).

Can't hurt to try I suppose?

EGBlacky
.htaccess
  • 2004/3/11 19:38

• EGBlacky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/20

maybe something is wrong with my .htaccess file? I had copied this site from directory (/home/davis/) to the new one (/home/shogunat/). It used to be accessible fromhttp://www.blackmoonskeep.net/shogunate and is now athttp://www.shogunate.net . This is what my .htaccess file looks like, I believe I really need to fix some stuff.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^coldfire.blackmoonskeep.net$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.coldfire.blackmoonskeep.net$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$http://www.blackmoonskeep.net/coldfire/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^shogunate.blackmoonskeep.net$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.shogunate.blackmoonskeep.net$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$http://www.blackmoonskeep.net/shogunate/$1 [R=301,L]

maybe?

Myrtle9
2.0.6 looks ok now
  • 2004/3/12 13:11

• Myrtle9

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/12

Thanx

Imgonna
Re: .htaccess
  • 2004/3/12 15:43

• Imgonna

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/22

Not sure if this is the same problem

I have an XOOPS install: www.imgonna.co.uk which works fine.

I have a domain (www.5th-way.co.uk) which is forwarded to this domain via. Sometimes I can log in via this domain and sometimes not.

If I go back to www.imgonna.co.uk all is well.

Help?

Glen

JJMAN
  • 2004/4/24 14:11

• JJMAN

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/25

I just built www.crypt33.com and I to am having the same issue. It worked for some days now and then decided yesterday to Loop. I havent changed nothen prior to that. Ive read your fellas stuff but I still have the issue. Was wondering if one of you guys have the answer yet please. ;)

Ive tried from 3 different computers also from 3 separate connections just in case it was a chache issue on my main machine. Same. :(

Thanks for all and any help. Its appreciated.

JJMAN

JackJ
  • 2004/4/24 15:02

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Looping logins are normally always related to Firewalls, if you have a firewall, your XOOPS site needs to be added to the trusted sites list.

Other poeple though have found other reasons, some related to sessions, cookies, and phpini configs

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17690&forum=4&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=20

Some servers need 777 permissions rather than 666 on the appropriate files/folders like "cache"

skalpa
Will need test server to work on this
  • 2004/4/24 15:08

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Too many people had this problem since 2.0.6 release, but nothing's wrong on my own installs.
People are working on a bugfixes release @ the mo, and I'd like this one to disappear as soon as possible, but will need some help:
Can anybody who encounters the problem give me access to his server so I can use it to check this (PM / skalpa.att.xoops.org ) ?

thx

PS: I need someone who's sure a 2.0.5 install works, but has login prob using 2.0.6

skalpa.>

davidl2
Re: Will need test server to work on this
  • 2004/4/24 16:31

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

BTW - my issue mentioned at the start of this post has now been sorted.

It was caused by some software clashing with XOOPS on a low level (cant recall the software off the top of my head, but I covered it in another posting)

Many thanks (once again!) for all assistance offered.

vaibhav
  • 2004/4/24 19:21

• vaibhav

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/27

i also have login problem after adding the remember me hack

and i checked all firewall thing....... i don't have any antivirus or anything......... even then i can't login...... but suddenly i figured out if i check rem me checkbox i can login.... so i made it checked in default......

but this all happened is a serious problem.......
even i made the site a trusted site... no improvement.....

one more problem some users just can't register....
and when i used mozilla instead of ie.. they cud... but again it is a serious concern.. bcos user is not gonna checking for login on 3-4 different browsers...........

Alan2008
  • 2004/4/27 9:05

• Alan2008

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/26

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
BTW - my issue mentioned at the start of this post has now been sorted.

It was caused by some software clashing with XOOPS on a low level (cant recall the software off the top of my head, but I covered it in another posting)

Many thanks (once again!) for all assistance offered.

Just to clarify on this - the software in question was an online ticketing system in use on the same server which had an affect on server sessions including, but not limited to, XOOPS user logins. It's possible that many of you with problems like this may want to get in touch with the server admins to see if there is anything recently installed that may cause this. A solution was found that forced the session storage for this program to be stored somewhere other than /tmp (default). I don't know if it's possible to do this in XOOPS using the configuration files but it may be worth a look.

Hope this helps.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits