PHP Version 4.3.3
Mysql Version 4.0.18-standard

GOwin
Re: environment settings
  • 2004/4/16 1:38

• GOwin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/2 9

Well, the error won't appear when I deactivate the module. Re-activating it (or moving it to a different block location) gives the same error again.

If I reinstall wordbook, how do I back-up my dictionary entries? I don't want to do this right now as I want to help find out what caused this but I may have to if I don't resolve it soon.

I should also mention that when I go to the module itself, all those blocks are shown properly in k-meleon and IE but rendered wrongly in opera.

I also extracted the following from my error logs, if its of any help:
[error] [client 202.57.67.226] File does not exist: /home/z/public_html/ismash/404.shtml
[error] [client 202.57.67.226] File does not exist: /home/z/public_html/ismash/<div><a href=
[Fri Apr 16 11:26:24 2004] [error] PHP Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM' or `'('' in /home/z/public_html/ismash/modules/wordbook/blocks/random_term.php on line 14

Quote:

hsalazar wrote:
GOwin:

I don't see in your environment any problems about versions... Hmmmm. Does the error persist if you deactivate the random term block?

If it persists, then the error message must be misleading, as there's nothing in line 14 of random_term.php to trigger such an error... How in heaven's name could the module be expecting that string?

Cheers.

hsalazar
Re: environment settings
  • 2004/4/16 3:37

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

GOwin:

I have tried and tried in my two machines to replicate the error, so far without luck. Against all odds, Wordbook works as intended at least in this sense, so I'm kind of at a loss because the indicated location has nothing wrong, as you can see in you rcopy of the file...

To back-up your entries, use PHPMyAdmin and export the data for the relevant tables. This at least will save your data for a time when the module works fine for you.

Cheers --though I don't feel right now very cheerful myself...

GOwin
yipee!
  • 2004/4/16 5:39

• GOwin

• Just popping in

i appreciate the assistance and the effort.

i removed the current installation of WB v0.99, uploaded a new copy, reinstalled it, and reloaded my previous data.

unfortunately, i still get the same error. :(

I decided to search the net about "T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM" and found that there are instances where editing via your server's text editor introduces unwanted characters into your script.

having remembered the first error i encounter (first post on this thread), and your recommendation to edit the cause of the error (which i did via the server's text editor) i was excited to find out that it probably was the same case for me.

so i re-edited random_term.php using a local editor, uploaded - and voila! it's up again!

thanks a lot for a great module and excellent support sir!

hsalazar
Re: yipee!
  • 2004/4/23 5:59

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

For those kind souls that have found Wordbook an interesting addition to their XOOPS arsenal, I have some small good news.

I'm in the process of optimizing the files and updating the handling of variables, and came across a little code snippet in the PHP manual. Thanks to this, I've set the module so that you can have images in the entry itself, and those images will get stripped when showing the entry in the category page and in the random blocks, both in the index page and in the individual block.

I can't put as much time before into these things, so it'll take some days for me to finish the optimizing, but in the near future there'll be an update of the module with these additions.

Cheers.

ozboof
Re: yipee!
  • 2004/4/23 9:57

• ozboof

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/28

Sounds good hsalazar

BradM
cross-referencing
  • 2004/4/24 21:43

• BradM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/14

Hi hsalazar,

I was working on an adaptation of the glossaire module a while back, which didn't get to the point of an official release. However, I'm looking forward to checking out your next release of the wordbook.

I'm not sure if you or others are interested, but here's some code which will allow for automatic cross-referencing of terms. Basically if any other terms in the db appear within the currently-viewed entry, each will be hyperlinked to their corresponding entries.

I've just copied the code from my file, so it'll have to be adapted to fit within your module.

// link up other terms in db

list($numterms) = $xoopsDB->fetchRow($xoopsDB->query("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("lexicon")));

$termdata $xoopsDB->query("SELECT id, letter, term, definition, post, image, submit_by, submit_date, use_wiki FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("lexicon"));
    while ( list(
$id$letter$term$definition$post$image$submit_by$submit_date$use_wiki) = $xoopsDB->fetchRow($termdata) ) {
        if (
$term != $glo_term) { // don't link term in its own definition

$default_term $term;

// singular

$search_term "/b$default_termb/i";

$replace_term "<span style='font-size: 110%'><B><a href='".XOOPS_URL."/modules/lexicon/view.php?term_id=".$id."'>".$term."</a></B></span>";

$glo_definition preg_replace($search_term$replace_term$glo_definition);

// plural

$term $default_term."s";

$search_term "/b$termb/i";

$replace_term "<span style='font-size: 110%'><B><a href='".XOOPS_URL."/modules/lexicon/view.php?term_id=".$id."'>".$term."</a></B></span>";

// plural with e

$term $default_term."es";

$search_term "/b$termb/i";

}
    }

Brad

hsalazar
Re: cross-referencing
  • 2004/4/25 0:48

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

BradM:

To be truthful, it was your post in the hacks section of the forum the one that initially moved me to try to update the porting of Glossaire to XOOPS 2. This eventually led to the development, so to speak, of Wordbook.

Things already done:

1) In the admin side, took advantage of Mithrandir's function for the top menu, so I replaced the bulky code in all the admin pages.

2) Cleaned a bit more the code, eliminating unneeded stuff.

Things still in the notebook:

1) I've added code to highlight the term looked for in the search results page. Works fine.

2) I still need to work a lot on the pagination of search results. Since the initial form is set to POST, I seem to be losing the $term variable with the default page navigation snippet, that puts the variables in the URL, emulating thus a GET operation. Tried to copy the code from the general XOOPS function and got lost in the way. Sigh.

3) Obviously, I need to update the documentation.

I am slow, but I'll get there.

Cheers.

mpowell
Re: cross-referencing
  • 2004/5/2 6:18

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

I am using a module called "dictionary" which I found here. It has the automatic cross reference function which is very nice. I like wordbook because it allows for more than one glossary, but the automatic cross referencing is so nice that I hate to change. Do you think you will be able to provide the automatic cross reference feature soon? Thanks for an excellent module.

GOwin
Re: new features
  • 2004/5/3 5:10

• GOwin

• Just popping in

are the updates included in the link you posted in the news section?

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits