Talis
Adding The 'Welcome' Box...
  • 2004/3/25 1:42

• Talis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

On the main page of this site, there's a 'Welcome to XOOPS official website!' box...

Where did that come from? What do I need to edit to get that box on the page above the Topics listing?

Thanks! :)

hsalazar
Re: Adding The 'Welcome' Box...
  • 2004/3/25 2:33

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Talis:

You need to go to the admin section: System Admin > Blocks. At the end of the page there's a section where you can create a custom block. Use your knowledge of HTML to build a nice one, and then assign it to appear in the home page. That's it.

Cheers.

Maracas
  • 2004/3/25 2:33

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

You can just make a custom block, stick your static html in it, weight it to "0", call it "Welcome", set it for center block - center, and off you go. At least that's what I did to have a static welcome page to sit above some other blocks on my news start page. It works.

I went one step further. I set that welcome block to be visible only to anonymous folks, and when the users log in, the welcome box disappears, another one visible only to registered users takes its place, and the rest of page stays the same. I love this group permissions thing a lot! lol

Talis
  • 2004/3/25 2:52

• Talis

• Just popping in

Thanks Guys! :)

One more question... I got the block to appear for Registered Users, but can't get it to display for Anonymous Users. I've tried changing the Group Dropdown to Anonymous and THEN adding the block in there too - but all it does is add a 2nd copy of the same block to the Registered User group... How can I get the block to show up for ALL the groups?

Thanks! :)

Talis
  • 2004/3/25 2:54

• Talis

• Just popping in

Never Mind - it wasn't checked in the Groups Window...

I really wish there was a way to copy settings from one group to another. :)

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits