wizanda
Any one need a music,radio player for there site convert this plz
  • 2004/3/21 9:17

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

If anyone else need a music player for xooops there is one on my exoops site made by bobjanes it will play asx,wma,rm,mp3,wav files plus more still testin to see.It has been converterd from php-nuke I asked bobjanes but he is an expert on exoops an is not sure about XOOPS 2 so he said ask here.

you can see it working here
playing wma files it shouldnt be to hard to convert to XOOPS as it is quite simple but i am not a good enough programmer

Get Iradio here
If anyone out there fancys converting this cheers you are a star it is a good module for any site as it will play background music for you

wizanda
Re: Any one need a music,radio player for there site convert this plz
  • 2004/3/21 20:14

• wizanda

• Home away from home

so does anybody fancy converting this to XOOPS 2 ???

It installs on xoops2 but crashs the site it has admin ands most bits done it just need any extra XOOPS bit??
plz

JackJ
  • 2004/3/21 20:59

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

There is one radio module for XOOPS called xp-radio at XOOPS France

http://www.xoops-modules.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=35

You need to register

As a matter of interest with XOOPS you are not restricted to having "modules" for this kind of thing. I did one using a custom block and html. Also, a lot of these modules have a "music start block" on the site. But users surf from page to page--so only a popup is really required. My custom radio block has a "popup" window only. Suits my purposes anyway.

You can also adapt it to play mp3, video, voice, etc

See this thread, perhaps you have seen it yourself if you were doing a "radio" search--might be useful for other users

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=5283&forum=10

DobePhat
  • 2004/3/21 22:55

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Hmmmm...
Im interested in it....particulary if it's not just playlists but creating your own streaming content..ie radio show for your site.

(Pre-recorded)

-Can this be done?

-----

cuckston
  • 2004/3/21 23:03

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

Are there restrictions on what radios and music you can play on your website? I relise you can't just stick a load of music on there however are you allowed to put digital radio straight onto the web??

T-Tech
  • 2004/3/21 23:53

• T-Tech

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/3 1

Actually Im in the middle of coverting an mp3 player I made in flash over to XOOPS and adding in a admin consol for adding music. You can see the player HERE by clicking on the little round button in the header. I havent added any music other then the intro sound, but this is a great player for streaming sound files, and its fast, no long laggy time waiting for the files to load. I will let you know when this project is complete.

Also in regards to radio shows, I also have a broadcasting server that we are soon going to get back in action after we are through renovation the radio site. The way we did the radio before was we had "dj's" from many different partner sites put in an hour or two. Some played music, some talked tech, some has question answer sessions hosted from a yahoo chat room where listeners could come in and be part of the show ect. Out of curiousity I wonder how many site owners would be interested in such a thing?

Thanks, Danni :)

wizanda
  • 2004/3/22 7:08

• wizanda

• Home away from home

This module will play mp3`s and wav files as it is just the windows media plugin and the real media player plugin

it already has admin options on it so you can add more stations

plus a popup and banner and url link to the station
its perfect for radio and playing your own music

i did stick a bob marley mp3 on the site but then took it off so i dont break copyright

would it long to convert,if you have had a look?

wizanda
  • 2004/3/22 7:29

• wizanda

• Home away from home

parlez vous francis je parlez vous un petit pois,je voudarais un persona por un module translate?
thats about it for me in french, i might try to doing the irdadio, it is an easier langauge php rather than learnin french 1st unless someone has an english version already.

DobePhat
  • 2004/3/22 14:45

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Wizanda, T-tech:

Well, I simply want to promote some 'friends' music so there is no copyright problem....
the live-cast would be too much work for me at the moment...I figured I could just record a 'session' every week or so.

Both these ideas as modules sound great to me...

wizanda
  • 2004/3/22 21:28

• wizanda

• Home away from home

so is anybody going to convert this????

it shouldnt take you long if you know what you are doing??

as it is a exoops module already and just need converting??

plz

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits