phppp
Re: Newbb Pro (attachments, mark read ...)
  • 2004/3/18 14:03

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

Predator wrote:
Most Parts belongs to the newbb_plus from e-xoops and are known and checked by the Module Team.

Some are added some will be overworked to work with a better grouppermissions.

Predator, thanks for a kinda late but essential answer!
That's great.

Anonymous
  • 2004/3/18 14:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

...thanks for a kinda late

Sorry for this, but I doesn`t have the Time which I want, because I have a lot of work to do in the company i work, but this will be changed for the future ( Herko knows ) so I can spend in the future more Time for Xoops.

pdaddict
Re: Cloning
  • 2004/3/18 15:35

• pdaddict

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/6 1

I played around with the clones, and found out that running 2 clones at the same time gives a blank page when viewing a users profile, and possibly other pages. This is not a problem with newbb and newbb2 so I'm browsing that code, but I have the feeling it's same thing causing the install of a second clone not to work. If I find something, I'll post it.

pdaddict
Cloning blank userinfo fixed
  • 2004/3/18 16:01

• pdaddict

• Friend of XOOPS

The problem was the search function
xoops_version.php
// Search
$modversion['hasSearch'] = 1;
$modversion['search']['file'] = "include/search.inc.php";
$modversion['search']['func'] = "newbb_search";

for cloneability newbb_search should also be defined in path.php
define("_DIR_NEWBB_SEARCH","newbb_search");

xoops_version.php
// Search
$modversion['hasSearch'] = 1;
$modversion['search']['file'] = "include/search.inc.php";
$modversion['search']['func'] = _DIR_NEWBB_SEARCH;

and ofcourse
search.inc.php
function _DIR_NEWBB_SEARCH($queryarray$andor$limit$offset$userid){

This removes the blank page, but underneath both forum names, the same topics are listed. No idea why.

samuels
Re: Cloning blank userinfo fixed
  • 2004/3/19 11:38

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

I think it's because _DIR_NEWBB_SEARCH has been declared before in path.php.

Please download again, I have corrected some bugs and added your code. And tell me if it runs now.

Is this hack aproximated to your idea about easy cloning?

http://www.forjandoleyendas.com/public/fl/uploads/newbb_pro_easy_clone.zip

pdaddict
Re: Cloning blank userinfo fixed
  • 2004/3/19 14:42

• pdaddict

• Friend of XOOPS

The blank page after submitting/editing a post is gone, the search still isn't working the way it should. I'm affraid search.inc.php will always have to be edited mannually, instead of using path.php [I'll try this as soon this post's been submitted]

For the cloning itself, I'm hapy as long as I'm able to run more than 1 copy. For me the search isn't essential, but I'm sure it is for other ppl.

BTW: I noticed search.inc.php didn't include path.php, so I added that line to it, but it didn't change anything. (I tried both include_once "../path.php" and include "../path.php") But this isn't necessary keeping in mind what I wrote above.

I'm gonna experiment a bit more and will let you know everything I find.

svaha
  • 2004/3/21 9:49

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

@Samuels
Thank you for this.
I've updated to the latest version of xoops, and now newbbpro installed flawless.

Because I use zaja-x templates, I did a little different install.
While uploading newbbpro, I deleted al the forum templates with the template manager and deleted the forum templates in the templates_c directory.
After uploading I updated the module and new templates were generated.

Great !

Aloha

fjr1300
Re: Newbb Pro . Minor corrections for new users
  • 2004/3/22 14:17

• fjr1300

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/22

@Samuels,
i'm starting a new portal using Xoops. So we are testing many modules and many hacks. The major one is the forum.
I had many small issues with newbb Pro. Most of them are already listed in this thread.
Won't it be possible to correct all this in the ZIP linked on the first post.
I'm thinking about :
* Misspelling of Dimension/Dimention in class file
* $PHP_SELF in newbb_to_newbb_pro1 for those who can't set register_global at ON.
* the <tr> in the IF statement of template newbb_thread.html
* the fact that the newbb_to_newbb_pro1.php file should be on root for the include of mainfile

In any way, thanks for your effort.

Vict0r
  • 2004/3/23 22:16

• Vict0r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/7 1

I've been writing a lot in this thread but it doesn't seem like I got a lot of help..

I had some problems with the new forum.. mainly the fact that read msgs didn't fade..(no result when I click on mark all).. I thought it might be something that I did wrong when upgrading from newbb 1 to the new module.. so I deleted my old forum(uninstalled newbb, deleted modules/newbb, deleted all newbb files in template_c).. and I installed a fresh version of the forum (the latest link that samuels has posted).. and I still have the same problem..

At this point I have no idea how to fix this.. I've tried everything.. so I need some help and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me..
Thank you in advance.

Victor

PS.. if you read my previous posts you might notice that I've tried a lot of other things before actually deleting the forum (actually deleting the forum turned out not to be such a big deal.. since I was able to save the db)

PS2. I just need a hint to where the problem might be..

samuels
  • 2004/3/23 22:40

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

Victor I'm upset cause I don't know how help you. I'm practically convinced that it's a template issue or something strange with php version.

The only I can say:

I have abandoned NewbbPro developement, now I'm working hard in module dev team with newbb.
Dev team is plenty of pro coders (not like me) I'm helping all I can making improvements and all major features of newbb pro will be on next version of newbb official module.

Please be patient.

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits