sol812
more advanced analyses of traffic
  • 2004/3/19 11:59

• sol812

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/4 1

I hope this is the right Place for a dialog about a more and better Analyses of XOOPS server traffice- who visite you to be able make more marketing planning when and how people see your portal so you can make a plane- when you need display special category banners on special times a day - or only find out who look your site - with keywords - engines- countrys and so on - A good examble is this PHPnuke module
MS-ANALYST 2.x I found -

In have try look in search box but did not find anything - I believe a too like this must be gold for any XOOPS webmasters.

http://www.matyscripts.com/

I like to have open feedback -

and I want to thank you all programmers who do a work on XOOPS - a big thanks for a great portal - - ,-)))

kind regards
Sol812
( Costa del Sol)
Spain
ICQ UIN: 83266103

brash
Re: more advanced analyses of traffic
  • 2004/3/19 13:28

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

There is a very similar module for XOOPS to the php nuke stats called statistics, do a search and you'll find it. You can also use pphlogger or PHP-Stats to do this. I find PHP-Stats to be the best, and have just migrated my site to this form of live stats reporting after having used pphlogger for the last 6 months.

Herko
  • 2004/3/19 13:31

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

There are a number of scripts that can analyse the server logs. AWStats is one of th ebest known. The advantage of using a server log analyser as opposed to a XOOPS statistics module is that not every click and move a user makes needs to be written in a database table. The server itself logs a lot of information, which can be used for the right purposes. That way your site doesn't become slow (because of the database load), plus you get the wanted data.

Herko

carnuke
  • 2004/3/19 13:32

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

If you want more comprehensive site stats AND kepp site speed and efficiency have a look at PHPstats. I've got it running on my site HouseofStrauss Look at "site records" and click "View full statistics"

I tried lots of other modules and separates and this really seems the best of the lot. I also tried PPHlogger and my site took 40% longer to load every page!!!! (that's the problem with .JS files)

Richard

wtravel

I used PHP-Stats for testing statistics packages as it is probably the best free tool available that logs the data into a database. The statistics are presented in a very nice way (good overview and details about visit paths)

For smaller sites (regarding number of visits) this is probably perfect and more detailed than Awstats, but when the number of visits to your site are increasing I think it is better to use Awstats.

Regards,

Martijn

carnuke
  • 2004/3/19 13:48

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Interesting comment Martijn.

My site is not live yet, although when the googlebot comes here it will be! I am thinking of installing PHP-stats on a different server to reduce MySQL usage on my site server if things get too hot to handle. I already have Awstats installed as a server log parser. I really don't find them that friendly to use, although it must be said parsing servrer logs IS the best method of all.

brash
  • 2004/3/19 14:06

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

I asked a similar question a month or two ago. Check out this thread.

Brad
  • 2004/3/19 14:20

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

I have to throw in my 2 cents as well...

I used Power Phlogger (pphlogger) briefly but immediately noticed that it slowed down my site. I then changed to Php-Stats and was more than pleasantly surprised.

brash
  • 2004/3/19 14:26

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

What did you use to display your pphlogger stats with Brad?

Brad
  • 2004/3/19 15:04

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

If I recall correctly (which is a challenge, considering I can barely remember yesterday), I didn't display the stats on my site at all. I didn't have it operational long enough to get out of my testing phase, I was that disappointed in it.

Login

Who's Online

269 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 269

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits