krayc
Moving a XOOP install.
  • 2004/2/18 15:30

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Is there documentation on how to move a XOOP site i.e.:

changing from one directory to another, with in a domain.

And

changing from one domain to another.

Kevin R Cook.

Herko
Re: Moving a XOOP install.
  • 2004/2/18 15:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

On both counts you'll need to edit the mainfile.php paths to reflect the new location of your XOOPS files. After that, update all the modules in system admin -> modules and reset the templates cache by going to system admin -> preferences -> general settings and clicking 'go' at the bottom of the page.

Herko

Mithrandir

If you change the database/host you'll need to export the MySQL database from the old one to the new one as well.

If you upload the exact same files on a new host and import the exact same database contents in the new database, you should be able to get it up and running merely by editing the mainfile.php to reflect the new domain (and do remember to CHMOD it to 444 afterwards)

oddb0d
  • 2004/3/2 2:57

• oddb0d

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/23

Hiya,

I've just had to move my XOOPS sites but I'm just getting blank screens (2 sites done so far)

I've changed the mainfile.php, made sure cleaned out cache and templates_c, made sure permissions set right again, and copied exact dump of DB over, however I had to change DB name and password, although shouldn't make a difference - all tables etc. are the same.

Not really sure where to look next!

Steve

EDIT: Erm, I guess if I get the file permissions right it would help. Only worked it out when transferred over the third site which works on an older 2.0.x version and showed the error messages.

Right, *definitely* time to go to bed now

tripmon
  • 2004/3/3 12:45

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

First, see if you can log into
yoururl/user.php
if so, you can then type in
yoururl/modules/system/admin.php
change your theme to default and check the index again.

If you have my luck that won't work,

I would start by using Robert's checker tool to make sure you have all the files... It really sucks spending hours trying to debug only to find that your FTP server dropped 50 bytes of a 10k file during the move.

Just do a search for checker, and then the version files that go with it.

Also print a VIEW SOURCE of your index,php.

Also note if you get new files in templates_c after attempting to hit the index.

Trip

Stupid me, just saw your edit, guess your fixed.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits