krayc
Where to begin with a database app? Edit/Add/Delete data?
  • 2004/2/18 18:58

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Perhaps it's done? Perhaps it can't be done?

I need to have users be able to submit data, and be able to come back and edit that same data. I not to concerned about making it private to the user, but more concerned with the storage of the data in a table and being able to retrieve it all later. (That I can do with PHPAdmin)

Any pointers to where I would begin? Or if there is some functionality I can adapt to this?

krc

Vargr
Re: Where to begin with a database app? Edit/Add/Delete data?
  • 2004/2/18 20:06

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/19

What kind of data?

Akin to comments and topics posted by users?

jmass
  • 2004/2/18 20:10

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Way to general of a question to provide code examples. (That is how I laern best)

There is an excellent example of what you desribe in the Forums. A user can post and then come back later to edit his/her post. Check out how it is done there.

krayc
  • 2004/2/19 0:45

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

More like a contact data form, that the user maintains.

The typical things you would ask for, but rather than it just be a fill out and email form to the administration, it the data would be stored in mySql and the user could update it when ever necessary.

Though as I said for my purposes, I don't need it to be private to the user, though that would be nice.

My situation is that I'm gathering data from 40-50 people globally and dont want to recieve 40-50 emails with the data. I'd rather they use a web-based data entry form and then when I'm satisfied the process is complete, I can simply export that backend mySql table.

krayc
  • 2004/2/19 0:46

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

If you had a link to that post in the forums I would appreciate it, I haven't found anything to date on the subject.

hsalazar
  • 2004/2/19 1:54

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

krayc:

You can try exploring the way the user information is handled in XOOPS. As you're well aware, you provide the info when registering, and then after login have a link to "Edit Account", which basically allows you to edit most of the fields.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

965 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 965

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits