wjue
Re: FreeContent Webdigest v.3.0 Final
  • 2004/1/29 10:47

• wjue

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/8/3 7

Thank you Aloha, I hope you will all take advantage of this new concept to offer innovative services in your websites.

I am designing a complementary webdigest feauture for FreeContent, it will also summerise automatically the text portion of webpages and thus, making a readable abstract of any webpage with text and links.

wjue

Quote:

svaha wrote:
Thank you for this excellent module wjue, and thanks for changing the magicnews in this version.
Aloha

djsckizo
  • 2004/2/4 19:44

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out how to get part of this to work. What I'm wanting to do is just run the webdigest of Foxnews.com on the front page.

Also, if the file isn't a local file, going to the root of freecontent shows this:

Sorry, we were unable to find this file:my/location/on/my/virtual/host/www/html/modules/freecontent/content/http:/news.yahoo.com

It doesn't seem to be displaying the link correctly. This means that I can't run it as a start page either. Any idea why it does this and how I can fix it?

wjue
  • 2004/2/7 10:56

• wjue

• Quite a regular

When a url is to be showed in webdigest, you should make the digest option checked. (in admin)

for using webdigest as start page, just create a cutom menu entry with link (for ex):

http://www.guanxicrm.com/modules/freecontent/index.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wjue.org&op=di&of=2&re=

of: offset
re: regular expression filter (rawurl encoded)

wjue

Quote:

djsckizo wrote:
I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out how to get part of this to work. What I'm wanting to do is just run the webdigest of Foxnews.com on the front page.

Also, if the file isn't a local file, going to the root of freecontent shows this:

Sorry, we were unable to find this file:my/location/on/my/virtual/host/www/html/modules/freecontent/content/http:/news.yahoo.com

It doesn't seem to be displaying the link correctly. This means that I can't run it as a start page either. Any idea why it does this and how I can fix it?

DobePhat
  • 2004/2/13 4:45

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Has anyone gotten this fine module to work?

I have curl installed (as most of us should by default)
But, perhaps its not enabled?

I dont know why I keep getting the notorious curll error message!

Could be a globals Off or On problem?

Xoops.ver.2.0.5
PHP 4.1

Thanks

hightyde
  • 2004/2/13 9:21

• hightyde

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/11

Can you edit an html page directly in the FreeContent module (like tinycontent) or must I edit in html editor and then upload each time I want to make a change to the webpage?

jenming
  • 2004/2/13 13:39

• jenming

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/13

Hi wjue...

is joker giving you some grief? it looks like your DNS servers got all goofed up. I would love to download/read up on freecontent, but can't get to your site...

jenming

wjue
  • 2004/2/14 17:01

• wjue

• Quite a regular

I wouldn't recommand Joker, anyway, Freecontent is on Sourceforgehttp://sourceforge.net/projects/wjue/

I expect my sites' returning on next week.

wjue

Quote:

jenming wrote:
Hi wjue...

is joker giving you some grief? it looks like your DNS servers got all goofed up. I would love to download/read up on freecontent, but can't get to your site...

jenming

DobePhat
  • 2004/2/14 17:12

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

How about this "Curl" issue?

It's installed as an extension yet the mod still says I don't have it installed?

wjue
  • 2004/2/14 17:26

• wjue

• Quite a regular

Sorry, I just noticed your post.

The message says: "Either CURL extension is not installed in your PHP system or the returning data is empty FreeContent needs CURL library functions to be operating"

If Curl is installed, that would mean the returning data is empty. I set a 15 seconds Timeout for Curl to retrieve a webpage, if you have a slow line, this could not be sufficient, try to slightly increase that value by editing the wenli.class.php file line 374:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 15); // times out after 15s

for exemple 25

wjue

Quote:

DobePhat wrote:
How about this "Curl" issue?

It's installed as an extension yet the mod still says I don't have it installed?

DobePhat
  • 2004/2/14 18:05

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

Hmmm, thanks for the reply,
close but no cigar...

I know by default the curl library is installed...is it possible My host has it disabled?

I cant geet any of them to work

But they worked on your site wonderfully...

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits