jctsup1
Re: Media Upload Errors
  • 2004/1/29 3:44

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

If you are using IIS, there is no such thing as 777 permissions and you can't use tools such as CuteFTP to change permissions. This is a common misconception.

IIS uses an account called IUSR_MachinName for anonymous access to your web sites. Open Windows Explorer, go to your web site directory, highlight the 3 directories in question, right click & go to the security tab. If the IUSR account is listed, yuo'll just need to check the Modify option & hit apply. If it isn't listed, you'll need to add the account & give it Modify Permissions.

schipper
Re: Media Upload Errors
  • 2004/2/2 20:32

• schipper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/5 7

It doesn't matter whatever permissions you set, sometimes. It depends on whatever (for whatever reasons) your hosting provider allows. I'got two providers, with one templates uploading isn't a problem, with the other it is. Well, just change provider, you can say. That is not what I've planned. Or maybe... change the way templates are uploaded. FTP could be an option. Everybody can use that. At this moment this is one of the reasons I think I have to choose PN for the site where I can't upload templates. And that's a shame.....

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits