Posted on: 2004/1/19 9:55
Re: Lykos Modules
I live on large flat section on top of a very tall moutain. That was the bit I fell off.
You are totally correct mate. Dunno what happened there. Here is the info from the DL link:
Lykos Googled 0.1 - 04/12/03
This module displays the latest listing in google of a certain search.
!!! The listing is provided by a third party website (http://www.googlealert.com
), and you need to register there to get a listing.
----==== Requirement ====----
Xoops 2.05 or Greater
Account at http://www.googlealert.com
----==== Installing ====----
1. If you not already have one, sign up for an account at http://www.googlealert.com
2. Set up a search of your site title or url, and in feed settings, tick 'RSS Feed' and set the drop down to 'RSS 2.0'
3. Alter "modules/lykos_googled/cache/config.php" to the correct values for your "username" and "feed id" (either 1,2 or 3)
4. Upload the folder inside the zip to the XOOPS modules folder.
5. Login to your site as Admin, go Admin ->Modules, install Lykos Googled.
----==== Bugs/Features ====----
----==== Needed ====----
A neat X2 style logo.
----==== To Do ====----
Admin config instead of manual entry
Block displaying latest listing
In the somewhat distant future I shall be programming an interface to the google API, and then the Google Alert account will not be needed.
----==== Credits/Thanks ====----
The XMLDocument, RSS and all others in the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/modules/lykos_googled/include/activelink directory are written and provided by Active Link (http://www.active-link.com/intranet/software.php
). They are licensed under GPL.