NRTMOD
WTF! ModsCentral.com drops XOOPS module!
  • 2004/1/5 13:48

• NRTMOD

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/13

I just read this...

Quote:

Welcome to a New Year and a new ModsCentral !!

With the passing of 2003, so too does the XOOPS module support at ModsCentral.com.

On a daily basis the MC e-Xoops site had 10 times more visitors and 20 time more forum posts supporting other users than that of the XOOPS site.

The support from the ModsCentral/Xoops visitors was down to about 2 people, the other visitors were only interested in leaching the modules, so as of 2004, www.ModsCentral.com will only support the e-Xoops community.

Over the next month I will be making a few changes to reflect this change so you can look forward to a new ModsCentral soon.

I am interested in your wants and needs on the site and I would like for ANY stray or updated modules that you know of, to be submitted for inclusion in the listings, likewise any outdated modules/hacks on our site to tell us about them so we can delete them from the listings.

I hope this is good news to all you ppl and look forward to your support to make ModsCentral a major kick ass module site this year.

Let me know

What's up with that!

Herko
Re: WTF! ModsCentral.com drops XOOPS module!
  • 2004/1/5 14:09

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Yes, we've read it as well. It's his choice to make. And I wish him all the best for the new year

The thing is, he has been absent for the past 6 or more months, and we moved on. We're currently setting up a module repository with as many modules as we can find, so that should be a good replacement for ModsCentral. ModsCentral would not get the Official Repository because it also serves the e-XOOPS community. Not that that in itself is such a big issue (we have no hard feelings toward the eXoops community), but our Official Repository shouldn't have anything to do with e-XOOPS. So, Neon made his choice.

Herko

NRTMOD
  • 2004/1/5 14:17

• NRTMOD

• Just popping in

Kewl. Kewl. Can't wait to see the new site!

MoD

jrc
  • 2004/1/5 16:03

• jrc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/27

Whilst it is sad to see a site such as ModCentral pull out of supporting Xoops, one can probably put it down to bias...

The webmaster has invited your feedback as he does not believe we visit "...I am interested in your wants and needs on the site..."

At the end of the day, XOOPS is not dependant on such sites, whilst their support is helpfull. We need to not get stuck on such issues and allow the public to choose... albeit when you remove one from a website it becomes an unbalanced choice... competition is good for both competitors. I think e-Xoops is a healthy thing but the colourful language that often comes with die hard fans does not help at all...

In short the XOOPS team is doing well, lets continue to support this project. The new module repository sounds fantastic and I am sure we all look forward to it.

Well done XOOPS team. You have my support!

John

NRTMOD
  • 2004/1/5 16:43

• NRTMOD

• Just popping in

RGR! HOOAH!

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits