wjue
New FreeContent 2.9.0 is released with url rewrite function
  • 2003/12/10 20:30

• wjue

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/8/3 7

To display your own html or php pages intergrated to Xoops.
Beginning from version v2.9.0 Freecontent implements a URL Rewriting function allowing subsequent local urls to be also showed in Xoops.

Smarty cache, Search and XOOPS native comments.
Tutorial included.
New XHTML compliant wrapping method.
Compatible with register_globals off.

updated version v2.9.0

Downloadhttp://www.guanxiCRM.com

Stewdio
Re: New FreeContent 2.9.0 is released with url rewrite function
  • 2003/12/10 20:42

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Sweet!

Stewdio
  • 2003/12/10 22:20

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Found a small thing that I'm hoping you can help me fix.

So far the module works great!! I can finally contain all my content in one easy to use spot.

However, external sites will open my XOOPS site and this is less then desireable.

For instance, if I add a link to go to google, it shows up and opens in my home page as http://www.yoursite.com/modules/freecontent/index.php?path=http://www.google.com/

Is there a parameter or setting where I can tell the module to not parse the url through your code for internet address's that I specify.

So far, this is a giant leap for the module and I really do like it!

Cheers!

WarDick
  • 2003/12/10 22:34

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Nice Module!

Great Job-
Nice Module-
Professional-

Could you give me a better understanding of the url rewrite feature?

philroy
  • 2003/12/11 9:57

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/8/23

This looks like a module that I'll be able to use and it will save me a lot of time transferring a site into Xoops. However, a couple of comments.

I have twp HTML files in a subdirectory and these two files are linked to eachother....let's say they are file1.html and file2.html...
after adding file1.html into freecontent, the link on that page to the other file did not work. I had to alter the link...href="file2.html" to "/about/file2.html" to show where the file was relative to the top content directory...this is going to take a lot of changing of links throughout a site!

Also, is there any way to separate links to free content with a menu heading? I'd like to be able to put....

Menu Heading 1
--Link to freecontent 1
--Link to freecontent 2
--Link to freecontent 3
Menu Heading 2
--Link to freecontent 4
--Link to freecontent 5
Menu Heading 3
--Link to freecontent 6

I wonder if this is possible at all?

Cheers,

Phil

wjue
  • 2003/12/11 10:41

• wjue

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/8/3 7

With the new URL Rewrite feuture, if you have pages that link each other, they will be linked each other when using Freecontent, your sources files are not altered.

You don't have to enter manually every page to Freecontent, just do so for titles that you want show links in Freecontent menu block. In other words, all your old html web site contents can be now showed correctly by just enter the home page in Freecontent menu.

One important thing is that you should place all your files in a "content root dir", the default content root dir is
XOOPS_ROOT_DIR/modules/freecontent/content/, you can change this in the config.php file.

wjue

philroy
  • 2003/12/11 20:17

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

wjue wrote:
With the new URL Rewrite feuture, if you have pages that link each other, they will be linked each other when using Freecontent, your sources files are not altered.

Then why is it not working for me? Are you actually saying that (when you talk about the "content root dir") that you can't have sub directories? In other words.....you must put all files in that folder...but also, have no sub-folders at all?

As I mentioned, two files that linked to each other in a sub directory did not work. (Sorry, I can't show you via the web as I'm still working on the site locally).

Phil

philroy
  • 2003/12/27 21:17

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

Please see these comments regarding your requirement that we don't edit the footer that appears....
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1163
It's being suggested that this breaks the GPL licence.

Also, I've discovered in testing that you get a database error if you try and create a Title that links to an HTML page and you use an apostrophe in the title.

For example, "Principals Message" will work..."Principal's Message" will fail.

Phil

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits