lvegas
Re: World Travel Publishers.com - Amazon module working
  • 2003/10/27 13:32

• lvegas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/27

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
I got my custom amazon module working now. To see what it is like you can have a look at World Travel Site - Amazon module.

In order to make it an official XOOPS module I will need some help from developers, so if you are interested, please let me know. An admin section would need to be created and I have some parameters hardcoded in the templates instead of a confirg file or database.

Regards,

Martijn

Hi Martijn,

Can you point me in the correct location for that Amazon cgi script you got. Also directions in how you configured it for your site. For I'm planning on switching over to XOOPS and would like to be able to use my amazon associate links.

Thanks

Lou - The Solutions Guy
Live Long and Prosper
http://www.the-solutions-place.com

wtravel

Hi Lou,

Thank you for your interest. I changed the cgi script to a php script and turned it into a customized module. The only problem I have still is the fact that Amazon did not yet recognize the test referal

So I will have to do some more puzzling and testing (I need a few more books anyhow ) I planned to investigate this issue in a later stage, since I have a lot more of development to do for my site.

Other than that, the script only needs a few minor adjustments to make it an official module I assume. It would be nice to include an admin section in which people can set their referal TAG and their website name.

So, as soon as I fixed the referal problem I will keep you posted through this site.

lvegas
  • 2003/10/30 18:58

• lvegas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/27

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
Hi Lou,

Thank you for your interest. I changed the cgi script to a php script and turned it into a customized module. The only problem I have still is the fact that Amazon did not yet recognize the test referal

So I will have to do some more puzzling and testing (I need a few more books anyhow ) I planned to investigate this issue in a later stage, since I have a lot more of development to do for my site.

Other than that, the script only needs a few minor adjustments to make it an official module I assume. It would be nice to include an admin section in which people can set their referal TAG and their website name.

So, as soon as I fixed the referal problem I will keep you posted through this site.

Thanks. Just let us all know when you finally have it done.

Lou
http://www.speedy-computer.com

intel352
  • 2003/11/29 0:17

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

any word yet?

wtravel

Yes, I worked on that and the referal part seems to working fine again. Amazon also changed a few settings so I had to adjust the script. However, I did not start working on the XOOPS module yet.

I expect it to be January at the earliest before I will start on that project. I am working on a few other modules right now.

Regards,

Martijn

wingls
Re: World Travel Publishers.com - what do you think?
  • 2003/11/29 9:20

• wingls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/27

Dear Martijn.

1. Menu Button :
Would appreciate if you can let us know what type of html editor you're using to edit your default file ( is it DreamWeaver or other softwre ? ) plse let us know.thank you very much!
And, if we want to edit this file, where is the directory of this file, what is the file name. Because I deeply impress by your web site especially the left hang menu / button!
http://www.worldtravelpublishers.com/modules/currency/

2. Module / Currency converter
Where to download this module, very useful.Plse enlighten

Thank You very much,

Xoops very new newbe :
Winson

Stewdio
  • 2003/11/29 9:40

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Excellent job! Keep up the good work, and beware of the wolves around here! We look forward to your continued investment in XOOPS and sharing your results!

Keep up the fantastic work

(I'm looking forward to getting my fangs into your Amazon module once it completed)

wtravel
Re: currency converter

I made the custom 'currency module' available: Currency converter module

Simply upload it as a new module and you will need an account with oanda.com. Please read the readme file as well. You will need to customize the file to your account settings.

Regards,

Martijn

wtravel

Hi Winson,

In order to change the default menu style you can change the style.css file. Look for: TD#mainmenu A.menuSub and TD#mainmenu A.menuSub:hover (I am not sure if that one is in the default css file. If not, add it to the file).

Also TD#mainmenu A.menuMain can be used to change the layout as well as TD#mainmenu A.menuTop.

I recommend you to use Dreamweaver for php and html. I have been using Coffeecup HTML editor myself together with Maguma studio for php.

Good luck!

hydrO
Re:Currency module needed!
  • 2005/8/8 11:25

• hydrO

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/8 8

That website isnt' working. Its down at the moment.
Is there any other place where we can the currency converter module?
Download Dhivehi mp3s
[size=x-small]www.gnatoll.com[/size]

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits