Per4orm
Re: TESTING
  • 2003/11/27 16:03

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Max,

You'll notice that my signature is made up of two colours - blue and orange. This was changed using the editor in the "Edit Profile" section. However, the editor doesn't provide a facility for users to change the colour of a link, because these are defined in the sites CSS files, so your users can use colours and font weighting etc, but just can't change the way a link appears.

Mithrandir

links not being affected by your colour changes is not a bug. It's called CSS as has already been explained.

Emotion control pills? Coming from the guy, who says "piss off" and other random insults faster than anything I have seen before...

period.

lykoszine
  • 2003/11/27 16:18

• lykoszine

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

Not totally sure I like the sexist remarks in these forums, what with emotion control pills and periods...

LOL

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/27 16:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
links not being affected by your colour changes is not a bug. It's called CSS as has already been explained.

Then please also explain what's the point of having an editor which does not work?

Like in the FAQ system where even regular text does not get displayed in bold or different colors even after choosing such using the editor in the FAQ section?

Max

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/27 16:50

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

Max,

The font style changes in my FAQ are working fine. Remember that any style changes you make don't work as in, for example, Word. You have to either add the colour changes inside square brackets manually, or type in the phrase you want formatted into the box above the highlight box so it can make the changes and insert them for you.

It doesn't appear to me to be a bug

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/27 16:53

• Anonymous

• Since:

Uh really? So you mean to tell me the WYSIWNG editor is there just for looks?

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/27 16:57

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

Maybe you're just not using it properly Max. It's not essentially a WYSIWYG editor in the first place, but a simple formatting tool

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/27 16:59

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yeah, I am just an idiot. I only know how to use the same editor in IPB, vB and any other product which has it and works fune, but in XOOPS I must be doing something wrong, right?

Its not working.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/27 17:02

• Anonymous

• Since:

Ok, its my fault. I had made a typO on the code whe I edited the template. Now I really feel like an idiot.

Sorry guys!

Max

Herko
  • 2003/11/27 17:05

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Now, please Max, before you start another rant (yes, we're keeping a close eye on those that have an official warning), mind the advice of our members, because when it comes to XOOPS, you're not as enlightened as the rest of us. Remember that and treat us with the respect due to peers and those trying to help you from the goodness of their hearts.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits