Rou4cn
How to make xoops2 more faster?
  • 2003/9/16 17:37

• Rou4cn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/3 1

Two months ago, the webmaster of www.usephp.com conformed never use XOOPS since it is quite slower. I think something he said is ture.

But I perfer xoops2, I would like we could make it more faster just like IPB.

Could you please let me know how to make xoops2 more faster?
1,server change?
2,improve anything or waiting php5.0 ?

Thanks.

Herko
Re: How to make xoops2 more faster?
  • 2003/9/16 19:28

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

performance is mostly tied with the database load, I think. You can make XOOPS faster by utilising the cache features with modules and blocks. You can find the cache settings in the general preferences of you preference menu in the system admin, and when editing each block separate.

Herko

Rou4cn
  • 2003/9/16 20:04

• Rou4cn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/3 1

Thanks.

Normally I use cache for all(FAQ, News,etc) it can, But we can not use cache for forum within 30 seconds, Then what may we do for forum?

SuiCyde
  • 2003/11/26 16:02

• SuiCyde

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/20

upping this topic cuz i believe it is pertinent and i want to know if anyone has the answer to this question cuz it would help me out as well....

-1-

recupsoft
  • 2003/11/26 16:50

• recupsoft

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/30

Speed improvements etc... are planned with new releases of MySQL and in general SQL requests for all kind of site using databases and php.
So it can be interesting to use latest stable versions

Mithrandir

Apart from the database, the number of SQL statements is of course also of interest.

Personally, I design my modules with as few SQL statements as possible. Instead of first looking up the players for a match and then for each of them look up name, availability etc. I use one SQL statement and then divide the people by availability etc. afterwards.

This is not so Object Oriented an approach as it could be and therefore if there are changes in the XoopsUser table, it may mean that my module won't work properly - but it's the price to pay for a bit of optimisations.

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/26 21:46

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Naturally XOOPS is a little bit slower than IPB because it has more information to handle. For example, when running an IPB site, with GZIP compression, your average pages uses 6 queries. XOOPS on the other hand, running the IPB forum module (for the sake of fair comparison), uses 12-14 queries.

You have to remember that the banners, and the left and right blocks all use SQL querries and take time to render, but this is the price you pay for power. In my personal experience, with a reasonable host, you shouldn't really notice the difference in speed. When people talk about speed differences on this level, they are looking at things statistically, not from a users' perspective.

I very much doubt if, on the whole, your users will notice any drop in speed by moving to Xoops, and if they do - you can always consider moving to a faster host

Gareth

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/26 22:23

• Anonymous

• Since:

Speaking of speed, can those of you with fast connections tell me how fast or slow does my new site load?
http://www.politicsforum.com/home/

It is still under develoment but all it will have is what you see now as far as modules and blocks etc. I just have to upload a few more category images and delete the test content I posted and it will go live.

So please let me know if it loads fast or slow and what connection you are on. Click on the various sections and links and let me know please?

Max

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/26 22:24

• Anonymous

• Since:

P.S. i do not have anything cached yet.

Mithrandir

Quite fast, vB3Dev

Took a little while connecting to the web server, but once it started transmitting, it went pretty fast

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits