Draven
Referral hack?
  • 2003/10/10 15:04

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Has anyone done a referral hack yet? I desperately need one and don't have time to do it myself. If not I suppose I'll have to but if there's one out there please let me know.

Herko
Re: Referral hack?
  • 2003/10/10 15:08

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean with a referral hack?

Herko

Draven
  • 2003/10/10 15:21

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

What I mean is that when a user signs up they can select a user from your member list that may have referred them to the site. I'm going to be running a contest on my site for referrals, the member with the most referrals wins a prize. This is quite common on BodyBuilding forums but since XOOPS is now doing my registrations and not IBP, it's a little tougher to find a hack.

I'd also like to be able to give each member a url that they can give to people which automatically selects them as the refferer. Something likehttp://mysite.com/regitration.php?referrer=username.

Hope that makes sense.

SuiCyde
  • 2003/11/26 13:15

• SuiCyde

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/20

i'm upping this...cuz i know exactly what u are talking about and i hope that someone knows where i can find this hack also....it would make things a lot less complicated on my site as far as people claiming they referred one person or another...
-1-

chrisz
  • 2003/11/26 13:48

• chrisz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/9 1

It sounds like a great idea to me, but why don't we take it one step further. Allow the user to select the type of referral, ie. Search Engine, Registered Member, etc. IF the user selects "Search Engine", display a drop-down menu where they could select the search engine, or for "Registered User" display a drop-down menu with a list of members. The only drawback would be if you have a large member base. :(

Chris

djsckizo
  • 2004/1/16 4:50

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

well this just saved me from making a post about it...if someone could make a module based version of this it would be great because it would be much easier to turn it on and off when you need it, and still be able to store the information in the database for later use

acegamer
  • 2007/1/17 18:30

• acegamer

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/7/11

Mmm, nice idea, i know drupal has somehing like this,...
Now is XOOPS turn, who has the skills to programme this?

DarinAllan

Did you notice this post the other day, I think the fellow was trying to ask where he could upload this for others to download, of course I could be wrong but he does have what looks like a "referral and offer" type of module on his site. Maybe be worth checking it out to see if its what you want.

Offers and Referrals module?

His website

Gptreasure site

Anyway just thought people would have jumped at the chance to check it out. ;o)

He explained his english was not good so maybe people didn't understand him.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits