fluent
User HomePage Module
  • 2003/11/26 1:24

• fluent

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

I'm building a site for someone and they want everyone who logs in to have their own homepage...

Nothing fancy, no FTP or anything but just a customisable page of their own where they can put pictures etc... (They are a bodybuilding community). I cannot find any modules to do this... I was thinking someone must have made some kind of wyswyg editor to edit a page for each user...

can anyone help or do I have to write something from scratch?

Jonathan

mvandam
Re: User HomePage Module
  • 2003/11/26 1:34

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

You can *sort of* do this with a wiki module, such as phpwiki or wakkawiki. Neither has a wysiwyg mode. Wakka provides a way for users to 'protect' their own page, but in general every wiki page is editable by everyone else. Probably not what you're looking for, but is one option available to you...

fluent
  • 2003/11/26 11:05

• fluent

• Just popping in

Unfortunately the body builders want to generate pages like this:
http://www.cnpltd.com/Athletes/OurAthletes.asp?athlete=18

They want to do their own content and be able to edit it themselves... This CMS Stuff does everything else on the site so much better than their ASP site but allowing users access rights to modify certain pages (eg: their own) seems untouched...

If theres not a module to do this already I guess I'm going to have to write it myself... If anyone has any pointers of where to start or what modules I could look at as parrot fashion learning examples: I'd be much obliged.

ajaxbr
  • 2003/11/26 12:02

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

fluent
  • 2003/11/26 14:15

• fluent

• Just popping in

Yes I had spotted that.

I was thinking more along the lines of modules which do a similar thing which I can modify...

batmon
  • 2003/11/26 23:59

• batmon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/24

Take a look at FriendFinder or MyTeam Modules. You can mod the FriendFinder a bit to have the fields you want for those muscle ppl~

ajaxbr
  • 2003/11/27 2:09

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

If you have a sourceforge account, you might be interested in the 'my sourceforge' personal page version of the myxoopsforge module. And I just realised that their xcGallery module will allow customizable public albums, so perhaps it's also worth a look.

Here's some related nonsense Quote:
-User's "My page": user chooses what blocks (customized weather reports anyone?) and newsfeeds he wants to get there (perhaps even adding new external RSS feeds), reminders, buddylist, bookmarks (hmm, autoimport madness), etc, public or private
-User personal page: contributions by a given user (somewhat like the profile info) with customizable appearance and page structure, blog features... current modules like galleries or calendars already allow personal items, but until now only wiki or custom blocks can put them together. I believe such a page would create demand for a lot of nice modules, like webcams, music/video dbs, etc. It would also use the millions of teens that blog aimlessly to help useful sites
-User wallet, a password protected system like ByteHoard for users to upload personal or public files (limited disk quota, perhaps file compression, etc)
-Admin ability to grab all users personal content and put in public area Well, not like that, but say you have 200 users that DID import their bookmarks... that's halfway to getting them in MyDownloads, right?

Friend Finder, Team Management, related post.

batmon
  • 2003/11/27 4:23

• batmon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/24

Cool... any ways that it can be in groups pages? like communities with community logo, news, forums, member list, etc? And communities can choose to "public" or "private" their news and stuff to the main site?

fluent
  • 2003/11/27 12:19

• fluent

• Just popping in

Spot on! The personal page module is the way to go. This way it is generic and can be used as a personal page for any XOOPS System.

Unfortunately not speaking German it's a tough one. I'll try and install myxoopsforge and see what I can figure out... is the 'my sourceforge' personal page version a seperate download?

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits