Catzwolf
WF-Channel v1.0.1 Beta.
  • 2003/11/17 22:46

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

The XOOPS Module team are proud to present WF-Channel v1.0.1 Beta.

WFChannel is a XOOPS v2.0.5 module and will not work with any other version of Xoops.

The purpose of this module is to quickly and easily add content to XOOPS with minimal effort and time.
WFChannel main purpose is to content such as 'About Us', 'Privacy Statements' and other type of information such as this.

WFChannel also has another feature that will allow you to quickly add a 'link to us' and refer a friend page, you can easily upload the graphics and other information for this page.

This is mostly a bug fix and small update version.

Download from the download area or
Module development site (closed)

Please post comments, bugs and fixes here.

Enjoy

ATB

Catz

ladysham
Re: WF-Channel v1.0.1 Beta.
  • 2003/11/18 0:20

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

OK - Here's what I'm having a problem with.

1. In the instructions, it says to "point your browser to XOOPS_URL/modules/wfchannel/upgrade.php". My download didn't contain that file.

2. Maybe the above problem has caused this one. "Installing WF-Channel Table 'XOOPS_DATABASE.xoops_wfslinktous' doesn't exist

Unable to install wfchannel. Error(s):
Back to Module Administration page

Any ideas? Thanks! This module sounds like something I need!

Kelly Ling

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/18 0:24

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Please download this module again and retry the install and upgrade (no need to upgrade if this is a fresh install).

Many thanks

sunsnapper

I'm considering this... can you tell me what happens to templates after a module upgrade?

If one has customized templates, does the "Update" option in the Module admin page cause new templates to overwrite old ones?

I ask because it seems like when one installs a new module, the templates indicate that an update needs to be performed. So I wonder what Update does to customized templates.

ladysham
  • 2003/11/18 1:16

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Great, Installation went smoothly. I'll work on it when I get back - sick child here.

Kelly LIng

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/18 1:18

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

ladysham wrote:
Great, Installation went smoothly. I'll work on it when I get back - sick child here.

Kelly LIng

Thanks Kelly, hope your kiddie gets better soon

ATB

Catz

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/18 1:23

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

sunsnapper wrote:
I'm considering this... can you tell me what happens to templates after a module upgrade?

If one has customized templates, does the "Update" option in the Module admin page cause new templates to overwrite old ones?

I ask because it seems like when one installs a new module, the templates indicate that an update needs to be performed. So I wonder what Update does to customized templates.

Hi Sunsnapper,

If you are installing a fresh copy of this module then there should be no problems regarding this.

But, if you are updating this module, you will need to update the module as the templates have been altered for the upgrade. You only need to update the module in question. i.e. WFChannel and NOT the system module.

If you have customized the templates for this module then you could view them both, and then modify your custom one accordingly.

Sorry but there is nothing else I can suggest to you regarding this.

sunsnapper

That's OK Catzwolf.

I just wondered. I guess I should have made new templates for WF Channel RC1, instead of just modifying the existing one. But, I suspect it is a simple matter to create copies before I upgrade the module.

You answered the question perfectly. Thanks.

basby
  • 2003/11/18 9:24

• basby

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/28

Hi Catz,

I have been able to install the module without any problems (except some operator errors).
I am able to create channels.
I am however not able to upload html files. I get the following php notice:

"Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: defaultpage in file modules/wfchannel/admin/index.php line 196"

I tried to do it differently: I uploaded the file with ftp to the html directory of wfchannel. I could select the file as static html file and save the channel. When I select the channel the page can not be found (HTTP-error 404 ).

EDIT:
- SORRY, LAST PART (ftp and page not found) WAS MY MISTAKE!
- FIRST PROBLEM REMAINS

basby
  • 2003/11/18 9:32

• basby

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/28

I have CHMOD 777 the html directory. So that cannot be the problem.

I also have copied uploader.php to my_xoops_url/class.

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits