pinky
Meta-Generator ???
  • 2003/9/3 17:58

• pinky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/17

Ok, I know I have asked before and everyone looked at me like: WTF is he talking about, write your own meta: <meta keyword"......."> ok so please read this fully.

http://www.e-xoops.com/public/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=6

this is a Meta-Generator & dynamic keyword extractor module. Replaces the entire meta/footer system admin part.

This module was developped by e-xoops for XOOPS RC3 and then dropped.

Well this module catapulted my web site to the first page of google, yahoo and other.
Basicaly it read your page and build meta dynamicaly for you adding words and removing others all dynamicaly.

Now I am no brain surgeon like others here but I surely can see the benefit of being in the first search page of google.

Here is the bad thing, it is totaly integrated to e-xoops but no one ever looked at even porting the module for XOOPS 2.03 ?!?!??!

Anyone smarter than me that could port the module?
why not integrate it into XOOPS 2.0 either ?

Anonymous
Version 1.21 of Meta-Generator module
  • 2003/9/9 3:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

Anyone port this to 2.0 Yet? I would like to see it...

darapera
Re: Version 1.21 of Meta-Generator module
  • 2003/11/11 7:28

• darapera

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/22

OMG you hit this on the nail no idea this existed and am looking for something that helps optimization. The reason it did bring your site to #1 is probably because it brought your keyword density way up there and that is exciting! I am no expert developer, but I'm gonna download this and see. Note: No promises anything will result from this.

hsalazar
  • 2003/11/11 7:39

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Just in case this has slipped your attention. The french XOOPS support site has in its downloads catalog a modularized meta-generation tool.

Meta générator

Cheers.

pinky
  • 2003/11/24 20:07

• pinky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/17

no that meta generator is nothing like what I am talking about.

blueangel
  • 2003/11/25 7:24

• blueangel

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/2/20

that module is released with LGPL Licence with the execption :
Quote:

* You currently may not integrate this software with any CMS without
written permission from the author.

and in this case I don't believe that the author will give the permission to integrate it in XOOPS

but I also think that the module is not so complex and maybe it is possible to add the features that you find useful in a already released XOOPS module

malexandria

Quote:
Just in case this has slipped your attention. The french XOOPS support site has in its downloads catalog a modularized meta-generation tool.

is this available in English?

Since the underlying code in e-xoops is xoops, I wonder if their module/s will work on an XOOPS website?

lykoszine
  • 2003/11/25 13:49

• lykoszine

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

All that is needed is some sort of word analyisis done on the article when it is posted to the db, so you don't need to process it more than once. Add a field to news articles table (and other mods too).

You would then need to alter the core so info could be written to the header from within a module (could be a biggie here), and when getting an article, get also the key words.

skalpa
  • 2003/11/25 15:31

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:
* You currently may not integrate this software with any CMS without written permission from the author.

So, if I understand correctly, this is a so-called "open-source" program dealing with html functionality, that you're not allowed to use in web related software ?

I love it ! Puters are fun.
Is anyone in need of a great meta tag generator for his car stereo around here ?

Skalpa.>

skalpa
  • 2003/11/25 15:34

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:

You would then need to alter the core so info could be written to the header from within a module (could be a biggie here), and when getting an article, get also the key words.

Already done m8
2.1 will allow modules/pages to add custom xml namespaces / meta tags / stylesheets / js to the head tag.
The theme will have to support it though, but it's possible now.

Skalpa.>

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits