hrac
piCal problem
  • 2003/11/7 12:14

• hrac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/7/15

Hello,
I think there is a bug in piCal:
When I add a weekly reoccuring event for example every sunday, piCal adds these events one day earlier for example every saturday.

dirch
Re: piCal problem
  • 2003/11/7 12:59

• dirch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/29

At me that works well.
However the first date is indicated on the day, for that completely above at "point of starting time" stands.
¶Thus if Sunday does not stand there, but one Saturday, is registered the first date also on one Saturday

GIJOE
  • 2003/11/7 20:46

• GIJOE

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/13

hi hrac.
Quote:

I think there is a bug in piCal:
When I add a weekly reoccuring event for example every sunday, piCal adds these events one day earlier for example every saturday.

This is a very complex problem.

There is no problem if all timezones are same like:
Server'sTZ=Poster'sTZ=Viewer'sTZ=Event'sTZ
(TZ means TimeZone)

eg) the case of Poster's TZ <> Event's TZ

I love NFL.
The monday night football is held every Monday in 21:00(-0700).
Since I live in Japan(+0900), The live relay is done on Tuesday noon.

Which day should I select as BYDAY of RRULE?

If you'll set events with rrule from different timezone,
at first, you set your timezone same as event's timezone.

feral1
  • 2003/11/8 5:34

• feral1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/13

That's fine, but my site has users in many timezones, and I'd like to make it easy for them to post.

Ideally, I thin, for my site, when entering a calendar event, users should be able to select the correct time-zone at that time. The site should then be able to make adjustments based on the (known) server time zone.

The calendar should then display the event at the correct time for the event, in whichever locality it occurs. As an extra neat feature, it should show the equivalent in universal time (GMT) and in the local time of the viewer.

When these events are listed sequentially in a row (as opposed to displayed singly) they should appear in the correct date order based on universal time.

Now, of course, those are a lot of asks - and I haven't a clue how to implement them. So just take this as a wish list from a guy who knows what he wants but hasn't a clue how to do it.

Re current bugs... It's a fast moving field because the author has brought out several fixes quickly...

I've had some strange compatibility problems with the module. Notably, if I include a a piCal side panel on the same page as the sections module (main content), the sections page is blank. Once I figured this out, I could remedy the problem easily by not including the piCal side panel on sections pages - but it seems to be a bug...

Also, in the most recent version (.0.4) _MB_PICAL_JUMP appears on the form button. Someone has already spotted that - seehttp://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13&forum=1#forumpost48 )

There also seem to be a few issues to resolve with side blocks provided. For instance, I find the MiniCal side panel has some quirks. If there's nothing listed for today, and one clicks on 'Today', it returns to the main Home Page completely outside the calendar. That seems odd. Ideally, I believe, the side block should read either "Today - None" or "Today - View", depending on whether there's content to display.

All in all a great module - kudos to the author!

Would love to have these remaining problems sorted.

philou
  • 2003/11/8 8:31

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

I translated this very good module in French...

GIJOE
  • 2003/11/8 8:35

• GIJOE

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/13

hi feral1.

As my translating soft is poor, I can't understand all of what you mean.
I answer in franments.

Quote:

Ideally, I thin, for my site, when entering a calendar event, users should be able to select the correct time-zone at that time. The site should then be able to make adjustments based on the (known) server time zone.
The calendar should then display the event at the correct time for the event, in whichever locality it occurs. As an extra neat feature, it should show the equivalent in universal time (GMT) and in the local time of the viewer.

I think so.
piCal have already prepare to a column for event's timezone.
I'll implement it in next major version.

Quote:

I've had some strange compatibility problems with the module. Notably, if I include a a piCal side panel on the same page as the sections module (main content), the sections page is blank. Once I figured this out, I could remedy the problem easily by not including the piCal side panel on sections pages - but it seems to be a bug...

I have never used the section module.
But piCal is a module with a good manners, I believe.
"Blank page" tells no information to me.
At first, you should turn "PHP debug" on.

_MB_PICAL_JUMP issues has already fixed.
It's a slight mistake.

Quote:

There also seem to be a few issues to resolve with side blocks provided. For instance, I find the MiniCal side panel has some quirks. If there's nothing listed for today, and one clicks on 'Today', it returns to the main Home Page completely outside the calendar. That seems odd. Ideally, I believe, the side block should read either "Today - None" or "Today - View", depending on whether there's content to display.

Today means "jumping to today".
Is it odd?
If you want to display contents on the day, use "Today's block" or "The day's block".

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits