dlh
Re: PayPal module
  • 2003/10/30 1:33

• dlh

• Since: 2002/2/20

Perhaps this could be handled in a different way.

I know that the script amember -http://www.amember.com/scripts/amember/

is a great script for managing memberships.

It appears that there are interface modules for phpNuke and Envolution. Any possible way to recode these modules so that they work with Xoops?

Dan

AAINC
  • 2003/10/30 3:20

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/18

Hello,
Contact Bob athttp://www.nukescripts.net

He has a paypal block for PHPNuke, I was using it on my nuke site.

It instantly adds members to a group when they click on it and pay through paypal(paypal IPN). It also sets the membership for a set amount of time.
If you get his permission to port it over, you guys can easily add admin features.

I started to convert several Nuke scripts over, but still lack the understanding of making full admin featured mods for xoops.

Currently I have begun to attempt to get the paypal block ported on my site, things are going slow, I am not yet totaly familar with the XOOPS code.

Yes a PayPal membership block/module is very useful.

PEACE
AAINC

tom
  • 2003/10/30 12:55

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

@ DLH, Amember charge company, and this means you have to pay everytime it's not compatible with new versions of xoops, I'm sure people don't wanna keep paying out dosh evertime theres a new XOOPS Version

@ AAINC, from my understanding from devs, it's some times harder to port a nuke script than it is to start from the ground up, and it's also easier to port scripts that not tied into another CMS, IE Coppermine gallery, as there is less cleaning up of code to do.

Tim Bowers

Draven
  • 2003/10/30 16:03

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

I've been contracted by www.fantasyasylum.com to create a membership module for them. If I can get their permission to release the module to the XOOPS community I will do so. But can't guarantee anything since they're paying me to build this for them.

tom
  • 2003/10/31 2:47

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

How much and I'll see what I can do. PM me. I'd release it if I pay.

Mithrandir

Quote:

Draven wrote:
I've been contracted by www.fantasyasylum.com to create a membership module for them. If I can get their permission to release the module to the XOOPS community I will do so. But can't guarantee anything since they're paying me to build this for them.

Not trying to be Mr. Controversy - but aren't you forced to release it under the license? (of course, assuming you are creating the membership module for XOOPS - if not, then I'll crawl back to my corner)

Wingz
  • 2003/11/4 14:06

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

In word MithyT2 'no'... he's not obliged to do that. There are a *lot* of misconceptions about GPL. I'm sure this was beaten to death here and in other places last year.

Herko
  • 2003/11/4 14:55

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

MithyT2 wrote:
Not trying to be Mr. Controversy - but aren't you forced to release it under the license? (of course, assuming you are creating the membership module for XOOPS - if not, then I'll crawl back to my corner)

Back into your corner! Naah, but the GPL doesn't require you to release the module. It sets certain requirements to modules that ARE released. The module is still GPL tho, even if unreleased. We're working on a FAQ about the GPL

Herko

Mithrandir

/me does a bit of reading... (still confused but on a much higher level now ) and then retires to the corner, grumbling something about "XOOPS", "GPL", "Laws", "judge" and "MG42"...

Herko
  • 2003/11/9 18:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

http://www.superfreaker.com/ucontent/

This is an article that explains how to implement PayPal IPN into your site... Might be a good place to start. (By the way, paypal has a dev network now...http://www.paypaldev.org/ )

Herko

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits