• Since: 2003/10/16

Very nice and clean, well done!

chapi
Re: GuiStock.com: What do you think?
  • 2003/10/16 7:37

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Nice design and also good icons in the newbb!

Thumbs up!

regen_r8
  • 2003/10/16 12:41

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Guistock,

Theme is wonderfully simple and clean. Very MACish, (from a non-mac guy). Please forgive me for re-hijacking your thread.

Nautis -

The way the themes/template break went, you can build alternate templates into your themes in the /templates directory. If you build theme suites (similar features but different color/image patterns, you can maintain a complete template set (Xoops supports multiple template sets) and them choose the one that supports the theme you are working on.

Xoops also let you save the "template package" as a gzip.tar and you can publish this with your theme as well.

I agree with you that it would have been better for the themes/templates to remain together as a unit. The problem is that third party modules provide their own templates, and themes usually only cover the core modules anyway, so either way, you will need to muck with the templates to make 3pty mods look reasonable.

BTW, I really like your template for the links module. I have been building lots of simple themes lately, and know exactly how much work it is to get things looking the way you want.

My template pet peeve is that the non-index templates (i.e. system_redirect, system_siteclosed, etc.) do not let you slurp in the theme_css into the template, so if you want them to match your theme, you have to hack the program, or hardcode the colorscheme into the templates. Both are evil.

Cheers,

Rich

gridguy
  • 2003/11/4 1:40

• gridguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/30

xcellent !

sunsnapper

Fantastic Job!

Great news from Windows IE 5.5... all the images showed up.

Bad news from Windows IE 5.5... it would appreciate 99% widths instead of 100%.

(Of course, your core audience is mac, so who cares about win ie 5.5 compatability?)

Prophs
  • 2003/11/10 13:09

• Prophs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/16

Love thse site but hate the constant header...

Prophecy

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits