g0nk1
About Us Module?
  • 2003/9/11 20:18

• g0nk1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/21

Is there a module out there that would or could be used as a "About Us" Page?

Something that could display a histy of the site, site awards, submission guidlines, etc.. so it could be listed in the main menu and loaded as a seperate page like the Contact Us module...

hsalazar
Re: About Us Module?
  • 2003/9/11 20:28

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

g0nk1:

You have at least three options to do that:

1) Get the module called impressum. It's German and all it handles is a single page with text.

2) Get the module called About. Does the same.

3) Use an instance of Tiny Content to create your "About Us" online.

The three options are fairly easy to implement.

Cheers.

Catzwolf
  • 2003/9/11 20:44

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Give me an idea of what you would like this module to do and I will program it for you

hsalazar
  • 2003/9/11 21:04

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Hey, Catzwolf:

I'm not sure about what g0nk1 would want, but here's my own take:

Imagine a module callet, hmm, let's see: WF-Channel. It's a fairly simple thing that lets you build a content channel.

Let me explain. Most modules that include categories let you define the categories and then submit content that can fit in those categories. WF-Channel would have a single page and as many children pages as needed. Every page would need to be easily edited.

I know this can be done with Tiny Content. but TC's additional pages are indexed in a block. What separates WF-Channel from TC is that it includes the additional pages as subitems in the main menu entry, as well as optional related content links at the end of the index page.

Another dreamt of feature of WF-Channel: It creates its own instances. So, maybe g0nk1 wants an About Us page with three subpages: "History", "Site awards" and "Submission guidelines". Then he remembers he wants to put a What we do "channel" with "Products", "Services", "Guarantees"... He fires up WF-Channel, clicks on "Create new instance" and lo and behold!: He can do it, and he can manage every instance from within the same module...

Does this make sense? It would be like a mini-WF-Section module, only for static content... and without the many bells and whistles...

Cheers.

Catzwolf
  • 2003/9/11 21:14

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I have been working on something like this with WF-Sections this last week.

It would be easy enough to have this 'WF-Channel'(Where do you get those names from lol) without that much of a problem.

I will start on this tonight and see if I can get something out in the next few days for all to play with.

Nice idea m8

Shine
  • 2003/9/11 22:48

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:
Does this make sense? It would be like a mini-WF-Section module, only for static content... and without the many bells and whistles...

This does make a lot of sence.

I've tried to use the TC as an 'about' module. Putted some subitems -of items I've created- within its xoopsversion.php etc., to realise what I wanted. Instead of using its block.
As you can imagine this way of working is not quit of handy, especially when there are some changes made afterwoods....

I recommend myself as a 'playlover' with such an about module

grtz.,Shine

Gamut
  • 2003/10/22 10:48

• Gamut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/5 1

While searching through XOOPS I came across this thread from 2 months ago.

Catzwolf mentioned he was going to have a go at knocking something up. Any progress mate?

Thiis would be a perfect mod to not only handle "About Us", "History", "Corporate Profile" pages, but also pages for "Terms of Use", "Legal", "Privacy" or other such website policy pages.

Cheers,

Gamut

wjue
  • 2003/10/22 11:19

• wjue

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/8/3 7

This module is probably what you want

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12473&forum=4#forumpost49927

wjue

Gamut
  • 2003/10/22 14:57

• Gamut

• Just popping in

Wjue,
Thanks I will check it out :)

Cheers,

Gamut

Gamut
  • 2003/10/22 15:12

• Gamut

• Just popping in

Wjue,

I see from your posted link and your site that this module has not yet been released because you are waiting for Imago to do layout work.

Any idea on release date?

Regards,

Gamut

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits