supernix
Trouble Registering
  • 2003/10/10 19:07

• supernix

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/13

Hello could someone please help me.

There are some people writing me saying that they were not able to register.
They have verified that the userid and pass met the minimum requirements.

Here is what someone said :

I went to the page, clicked 'register now,' filled in username,
email, website, time zone, password and agreed to disclaimer. Then I
clicked 'Submit.' Then a page came up listing the username, email,
website, and time zone I had entered with a button below it that
said 'Finish.' I clicked 'Finish,' and a new page came up with a
message that said "Could not register new user."

I have tried this process about four times with no result.

====================================

I am currently using 2.05 stable and just upgraded it yesterday.

snow77
Re: Trouble Registering
  • 2003/10/10 19:38

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

I have the same problem, new users aren´t able to register and after the form is filled it says can not register user; this happened after I used the XOOPS 2.0.3 to 2.0.5 patch besides that I have had several other problems with some modules that were working before I used the patch for example xoopspoll or Imenu, functions don´t appear or a blank page appears. What can we do to fix this?

ackbarr

do you mean that you were able to register ok?

If not, turn on MySQL / block debugging and look for any database queries in red during the registration.

If so, check if the user has a software firewall in use (particularly Norton Firewall).

There is an faq article talking about Norton Firewall here

https://xoops.org/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=13#25

ackbarr

snow77 - I'm unable to duplicate this problem on a 2.0.4 to 2.0.5. As far as modules not working, update the modules in "System" -> "Modules". If you still get blank pages try the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article:

http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=TroubleshootingBlankPage

supernix
  • 2003/10/10 20:01

• supernix

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for the prompt response and the link you provided that will be very helpful I am sure.

As best I can tell they attempted to register but it did not go through I do not even see them listed in the inactive users section.

snow77
  • 2003/10/10 23:27

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

Thanks Ackbarr, I´ve been trying updating modules but that´s not fixing things, my patch was from 2.0.3 to 2.0.5, I will study the information of the link you sent, thank you for helping out.

snow77
  • 2003/10/11 18:07

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

I have fixed the blank pages turning on the debug mode on and that showed an error in an archive in xoopsform, so I overwrote all files in XOOPS form, that fixed that part.

But new users are still unable to register, after the form is filled and you press send you get a message Can not register user. So I turned on MySQL debug and I get this error in the moment of trying to fill the form and register for the first time:

INSERT INTO x2_users (uid, uname, name, email, url, user_avatar, user_regdate, user_icq, user_from, user_sig, user_viewemail, actkey, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, pass, posts, attachsig, rank, level, theme, timezone_offset, last_login, umode, uorder, notify_method, notify_mode, user_occ, bio, user_intrest, user_mailok)

I compared the fields of MySQL tables of [color=000099]x2_users
in phpmyadmin with a database of a different XOOPS 2.0.5 that is working perfectly and the fields are different, for example notify_method doesn´t exist in the site where I am having problems, nor does notify_mode and user_mailok exist.

How can I recover the structure of this table for it to work well in XOOPS 2.0.5 - without losing the 200 users I have?

Chappy
  • 2003/10/24 4:45

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

I am having this issue as well.

Although, with mine, I think it's the firewall, because I was able to register okay but some of my users aren't. I'd be interested in seeing anyother experiences with this.

supernix
  • 2003/10/24 5:07

• supernix

• Not too shy to talk

So far all issues I have seen with people having trouble registering have been directly linked to cookie blocking software and or firewalls not showing the referer field

kolleyk
  • 2003/10/30 16:48

• kolleyk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/6 1

I'm having this problem also. Some people including myself are able to register no problem whereas others randomly force the inserUser() function to fail.

Must be the firewall redirect problem.... Anybody got any ideas for a server side work around?

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits