Shine
Re: Business Directory Created
  • 2003/9/4 22:08

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Just stumbled into this topic.
For now weeks I am busy with also a mylinks rewrite into a addresses module. Almost the same as this xdirectory module but less 'bussiness orientated'.
The fields I am using are:
name/organisation, addres, zip, city, country, phone, mobile, fax, contactemail, opened, description, show logo.

This module now runs for about 70%. The only probs I encouter are revisions within the admin section.
(it somehow doesn't show the modifications requests properly and therefore this part isn't working correctly at this moment.) And the show logo doesn't work well yet.

Hm, now I am thinking, should I stop with my further addresses module fiddling, or..........?
To get an impression:http://www.kunstpodium.com/xoops203/modules/news/

Grtz., Shine

builderb
  • 2003/9/4 23:22

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

keep developing it!

The module I'm working is strickly for a business listing so site owners can offer they're users a phone directory of local businesses and possibly generate revenue from those businesses.

It looks like you are creating a really nice personal/public address book. I would keep working on it to offer the XOOPS community an alternative to the xDirectory. I'm sure everyone would agree.

It's nice to have choices! right now we have some nice choices with calendars and content modules. Keep Programming!

Cheers!

josecruz
  • 2003/9/12 3:51

• josecruz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/28

builderb,

In any upcoming version, can I recommend new fields for:

1. an extra address line for business with long adresses, something like "address line1 / address line 2"

2. a new field for "Country" useful for me as I have readers in Japan as well as other countries. I could also imagine it would be useful for sites that have readership in the European Union.

Also my friend and I are almost finished with the japanese language files. I'll post here to tell everyone when they're finished. Maybe next week. If you can incorporatethe new fileds in an update before then, we'll put the changes in the language files.

Jose

Wingz
  • 2003/9/20 9:21

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

Hi Builderb ... any news on this module release yet?

Duhhh. Just found it in downloads.

Installed it. Doesn't work.

In admin (Xoops v2.0.4) when I attempt to create a category I get;

"Error Code 0013
ERROR: Could not query the database.
Error: Table 'yoursite_com.xoops_xdir_cat' doesn't exist"

When I try and access the module as a user I get "Error" on a blank screen.

Help please?

builderb
  • 2003/9/22 6:10

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

I've only tested it on XOOPS v2.0.3

I wouldn't be able to replicate the error unless I upgrade and I'm not ready to do that until the current bugs are worked out on v2.0.4.

Is this a fresh install of XOOPS or an upgrade?

Shine
  • 2003/9/22 9:15

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Please read this thread:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=thread&topic_id=11941&forum=4&post_id=48954#48954

Although the original thread was related to the addresses module, halfway 'bobdt' started posting Reply-questions about the xdirectory module (help xdirectory install)

He encountered the same problems and in the end he'd found a solution.

Grtz., Shine

bobdt
  • 2003/9/22 9:44

• bobdt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/11

Hi Wingz, read my last post...https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=thread&topic_id=11941&forum=4&post_id=48954#48954

The problem is solved but you must remove manualy that from the sql file and after all work.

Another little bug is....

1) A normal user submit an new "business" from the submit of the menu realy not all the info are realy posted but only the name of company for all the other info is show only " , " but if you post by admin panel no problem all work.

2) An submission of an normal user are waiting the "accept" of the administrator, when you accept the sistem reply with an error and that "business" stay in waiting dont go in confirmed mode.

3) in the form of submission there is the address of the company after the city, state, zip, ecc... city state zip is all in 1 line call "City".

Some good update for xdirectory...
1) An search box only for this dir.
2) User owner example Jack is an registred user and post the "Jack Company" info in the xdir, but only Jack (or the Admin/Webmaster) can modify that info not all registred user
3) The possiblity of different level of post axample an "registred user" post into of xdir an "business" but he can post only some info the "registred user plus" can put 3 picture in the detail and there is an form for the contact mail / request info

OK this post is long I dont want bother.... hehehehe...

To be continued...

Bob

(P.S. Sorry for my bad eng.)

hoobamac
  • 2003/9/22 15:55

• hoobamac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/28

I concur these last bugs, got exactly the same.

The module is really starting to take shape though - looks good...

It's just what I needed..

thanks

builderb
  • 2003/9/22 18:28

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

I fixed the SQL file and overwrote the old zip file. Thank you Bobdt for catching that.

Here's the biggest bug in this release:

1) when you try and validate a submission it only enters the title and web address back into the database. This is because the insert statement is incorrect and I've been unsuccessful in trying to fix it.

If anyone is able to find and fix any bugs they find in the module please contact me and I'll include it in the zip file so everyone can benefit.

bobdt
  • 2003/9/22 18:41

• bobdt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/11

I'll try to fix it and I'm translating in italian lang.

I've see more people want add this module to XOOPS with the help of all I think are will be great in short time...
see how views about this post of xdir...

Bob

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits