Herko
pulldown navigation menu
  • 2002/3/10 11:02

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Hi,

Xoops rules, but since it's in active development, I'd like to add a request of my own.

I want to make a distinction between information blocks and navigation blocks. Now these two are intertwined quite randomly and this doesn't make for a good site navigation, or at least of a decent control over it.

I'd like to be able to build a windows-style pulldown navigation menu. And I'd like it to be horizontally, placed at the top (just below the header) and/or at the footer of my page. It will only show those modules which I selected for this menu, and only the top levels of those (ie. news, and not news, submit news and archive). On a mouseover it will show (if any) underlaying pages (ie. submit news and archive). Like I said, only those modules that I selected for this (ie. not stats and partner sites).

Any ideas on how to do this??

Herko

chapi
Re: pulldown navigation menu
  • 2002/3/10 14:08

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Please take a look at www.geigant.de. I just integrated the Coolmenu from www.dhtmlcentral.com in my theme.php. Its hand-made, but it is functionable. Perhaps this will help you ..

Herko
  • 2002/3/10 14:40

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Tnx This really helps a lot. Could this be integrated into a new release of xoops?

Herko

topoftheworld

Hey, your menu looks great, but how is it done?

Do you add something to the metafooter? Or to the Index.php or mainfile.php?

Thanks,
Harry

I like the Coolmenu's a lot and am looking to integrate them into some PHP content system. Hopefully Xoops, if they fix the cookie problems

<small>[ Edited by topoftheworld on 2002/3/11 10:24:06 ]</small>

Herko
  • 2002/3/11 10:50

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Hmm... I've been trying with coolmenu and webreference's HierMenu's (for which the basterds are now asking a licence fee!!), an dit still isn't working like I want it to.

I want a menu that looks and acts like Coolmenu (I really like the transition of the pulldown menu), BUT I'd like to position it nested inside a table row under the page header. I got a table (1 row, 1 column) @ 100% width, nested in that I got a table (4 rows, 1 column) centered and @ 80% width. First row of that nested table = header with logo (and if any, banners), under that the horizontal menu. BUT it wont work. No matter what I try.
The other rows are resp. content and footer.

I'm gonna fiddle some more (the site looks like shit in the meantime tho, so don't go and check it out ), and I'll let u all know as soon as I find out some more.

Where can I find the documentation for what files do what? For this module to work I need to be able to edit the menu. If you find a good example, please let me know by pm-ing me here!

Tnx for all your support :)

Herko

Mikki
  • 2002/3/11 12:34

• Mikki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/21

I didn't put my CoolMenu inside a table - If I'm not mistaken, it floats in a layer on top of everything else (except for form elements though!). CoolMenu was extremely straightforward as far as how to customize. Mine blends perfectly with my site now athttp://rx.pharmacy.uh.edu.

Herko
  • 2002/3/13 9:17

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

I got mine positioned like i want, but it doesn´t show in my XOOPS page. I integrated it into my theme.php by calling upon the javascripts, adding the styles to style.css, and on my static page it works fine, but in the XOOPS generated PHP page, the menu isn´t displayed.

What code are u all using?? All help is appreciated!

Herko

kside
  • 2002/3/15 22:54

• kside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/18

Compliments, your menu-implementation is nice and interesting. I think, maybe to use it somewhere, because it gives a good possibillity of more differentiated hierachiasation. (Sorry for my english).
By the way, do you know whats up with the sites of Thomas Brattli? Seems to be unupdated since autumn last year.

w4z004
  • 2002/3/15 23:06

• w4z004

• XOOPS Advisor

• Since: 2001/12/13

Hello!

we are experimenting with phplayers menu

try HERE

Herko
  • 2002/3/16 9:18

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Hmm... I have taken a look at thet phplayers menu, but coolmenus is stable and versatile (multiple menus, 'plugin' type addons), so why not go with that? The menu code can be an external .js file, XOOPS needs to write the code there and that's it. Now the only thing that needs to be done is for XOOPS to know what items to add and what items not to add.

What part of the XOOPS core creates the menu block?

- Herko

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits