Lupin
Re: wgGallery 1.10 ready for testing
  • 2019/7/18 12:51

• Lupin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/1 2

Hi,

sorry goffy ... my fault , I forgot to rename module folder when transferred via ftp ...

Module now is online and I will test soon it !

During installation there is only this error repeated many times :

Warning: Parameter 1 to MytsGallery::load() expected to be a reference, value given in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 774

TY for your help.

goffy
  • 2019/7/18 17:32

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

hi

no problem let me know what you think about module

Quote:
Warning: Parameter 1 to MytsGallery::load() expected to be a reference, value given in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 774

this is something which is done by the core - maybe Michael or geekwright have an answer

geekwright

Quote:

goffy wrote:
Quote:

this is something which is done by the core - maybe Michael or geekwright have an answer

I pulled the latest wgGallery into a XOOPS 2.5.10 system and cannot find any sign of a MytsGallery class anywhere. There has to be another module involved in this error.

In general, references are one of the areas where the rules have changed in PHP, and XOOPS is adapting to the new PHP versions. It probably is a simple fix -- just need to know what code to look at.

Lupin
  • 2019/7/20 12:07

• Lupin

• Just popping in

Hi there,

the module has a very neat, pleasant and intuitive graphic structure, it immediately worked in contrast to other modules, but ...

But it's probably too simple (in terms of technical possibilities) compared to the "ideal" module that would serve my purpose ... here are my needs:

- The possibility of creating albums (private or public) by each user is much appreciated; but this possibility must be "crossed" with a selection of "categories" and "sub-categories" independent of the album! That is, for example, a photo of a tree inserted in the private album "Le foto di Lupine", must be categorized in the "Nature" category and "Color" sub-category ...
- I have seen that in database there is an "EXIF" column, but I have not seen neither the data extraction , nor the possibility of publishing them in support of the images.
- I need comments of course
- I need the chance to vote (probably even by choosing particular time frames)
- I need a "like" system with the publication of the users who sent them
- I need a "follow this user" linked to an image search for "the most followed by you" and sorted by "last entries"
- I need the ability to show the original images, but to have a setting that PREVENTS THEIR DOWNLOAD. I know there are a lot of discussions on this topic, and I don't know if "watermaarking" is the most elegant solution ...

I know that what I ask for is not a matter of easy realization; to date, we find something similar only in Coppermine (whose porting with Xoops looks almost a miracle), Zenphoto (who is attempting to equip his Gallery with a real CMS system), and maybe in the future Piwigo ...

Given that extGallery seems to me a project that is not yet "mature", I wonder if this module (with some additional mods) can become a tool to get the results I am looking for.

In any case, thank you for your wonderful work.

Pino aka Lupin

goffy
  • 2019/7/21 6:36

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

hi lupin

Yes, at the moment the module is a little bit "simple". I developed it last year and my first intention was to great a new module with up to data slideshows and galleries, which are working on all devices.

and of course I can and will continue to improve this module now

some of your wishes are quit easy to realize:
- EXIF is currently only visible in admin area, so I need only to show it also on user side
- comment can be made already yet with xoops comment system, but maybe it make sense to show the checkboxes for activation immediately in the creation form for a album
and so on....
only the point "prevent download if you see it" is very tricky

my problem is that I have currently two websites to build up. So, if you do not need it immediately we can improve the module together

if you want to support me then please create for each wish an issue onhttps://github.com/ggoffy/wggallery/issues , and if I have time I will realize step by step

Lupin
  • 2019/7/22 13:04

• Lupin

• Just popping in

Hi

In admin mode , I saw in the module, in support of the images, the spaces for EXIF data, votes, like and ratings are already provided .. so I understand you have the project to improve the module ...

The problem is ... how much time you need ? Weeks ? Months ?

I have been commissioned by a friend to create this site for photography enthusiasts and, if it is not necessary for the site to be ready immediately, it is necessary to decide early which path to take .. that is : in the meantime, if I decide to use Xoops , we can work on graphics and structure, but that module is the most important part of the project ...

Surely I can help you in listing the "desiderata" and testing module improvements as a user, but I don't think I can do more ... my basic programming abilities can only allow to do small changes ... .

Pino

goffy
  • 2019/7/23 6:12

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

Hi

I think I need till end of August/mid of September to finish my current projects.
But I think small changes I can make besides.

Hope this is not too late for you

Lupin
  • 2019/7/23 16:12

• Lupin

• Just popping in

Hi again goffy,

I think I can ask my friends to wait a bit

since I believe there is a fair amount of work to complete this module, I could reformulate our needs with more details and also including (in my opinion) which the priorities could be in order of time.

Let me know if this can help you ...

Pino

goffy
  • 2019/7/24 7:01

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

hi Lupin

fine
please create for each wish a seperate issue onhttps://github.com/ggoffy/wggallery/issues , and if I have time I will realize step by step. Please create them in order of your priorities, then I know what I should do first

Lupin
  • 2019/7/24 23:01

• Lupin

• Just popping in

OKKEI

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits