Posted on: 2019/7/20 12:07
Re: wgGallery 1.10 ready for testing
the module has a very neat, pleasant and intuitive graphic structure, it immediately worked in contrast to other modules, but ...
But it's probably too simple (in terms of technical possibilities) compared to the "ideal" module that would serve my purpose ... here are my needs:
- The possibility of creating albums (private or public) by each user is much appreciated; but this possibility must be "crossed" with a selection of "categories" and "sub-categories" independent of the album! That is, for example, a photo of a tree inserted in the private album "Le foto di Lupine", must be categorized in the "Nature" category and "Color" sub-category ...
- I have seen that in database there is an "EXIF" column, but I have not seen neither the data extraction , nor the possibility of publishing them in support of the images.
- I need comments of course
- I need the chance to vote (probably even by choosing particular time frames)
- I need a "like" system with the publication of the users who sent them
- I need a "follow this user" linked to an image search for "the most followed by you" and sorted by "last entries"
- I need the ability to show the original images, but to have a setting that PREVENTS THEIR DOWNLOAD. I know there are a lot of discussions on this topic, and I don't know if "watermaarking" is the most elegant solution ...
I know that what I ask for is not a matter of easy realization; to date, we find something similar only in Coppermine (whose porting with Xoops looks almost a miracle), Zenphoto (who is attempting to equip his Gallery with a real CMS system), and maybe in the future Piwigo ...
Given that extGallery seems to me a project that is not yet "mature", I wonder if this module (with some additional mods) can become a tool to get the results I am looking for.
In any case, thank you for your wonderful work.